Test results - please help me balance my pool

sijaz

Jan 24, 2016
Houston/Texas
Hi, new here but already learned a ton. Weaning off pool store chems and moving to TFP methods. I got the K-2006 test kit, here are my results. Note I had to shut off the filter for a couple of days due to repair a bad check valve.

FC 0.2
CC 0.2
pH 7.3
TA 50
CH 40
CYA 27
saturation index -1.5
water temp in Texas is 53F

i know I'm low for some, but high on others. But don't know where to start. I have to finish a large pail of Leslie's chlorine 3" tablets. Will need to incorpate this into the plan. My signature contains other details [Pentair FNS 60 DE filter, raised spa with waterfall, 3 pumps].

Hi there! You are going to love TFP! We can save you so much money and your pool will be so much easier to take care of.

How does your water look right now?

I am glad to hear you have a good test kit. THAT is the number one tool in taking care of your pool.

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

This the BIG link! It is the hows and whys of TFP!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Let me know how things click after reading these links.

Kim

Don't worry too much about that large pail of tabs either. Using them at first just to help raise CYA a bit for summer is okay, but not for too long. They'll be fine in storage and you can use them in the future if/when you go out of town. For normal days and manual chlorination, just hit HEB or Wal-Mart for their generic "Bravo or Great Value" bleach and you'll be fine. Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you. I have read the very useful guides. I guess the only question to clarify is whether there is a preferred sequence to bring my chemicals into balance? Or can I simply add all the required chemicals over a few days but basically at the same time? I will test the waters daily with k-2006.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

It isn't that important on the order of things. Definitely raise your CH soon it is way too low. I would keep using the pucks to raise your FC and CYA for a while until the CYA is where you want it. The pucks will lower your PH so keep an eye on it. Not sure that I would raise your TA right now, if you do only raise it to 60 or 70. The only two that are interrelated are TA and PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.