Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool added salt 4 days after fill!

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool added salt 4 days after fill!

New member here, just found this forum & got a little scared after reading some threads. Our pool finished/ plastered pebbletech last week (1/19/16). They acid washed the following day and they began filling it immediately. It finished filling on Saturday morning (1/23/16) (30k gallons) now the shocker is that they added salt this morning (1/27/16) 14 bags! I'm sort of freaked out since curing process is 30 days according to some threads?!?!....suggestions/recommendations please...

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New pool added salt 4 days after fill!

Its not necessarily a deal breaker for your plaster. Take a look at this thread: On Salt and Waiting 30 days
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

It's not optimal but your PebbleTek should be fine. It may just mean that your plaster will take longer to cure but, again, it should be fine. The sad fact is, many PBs add salt right away to newly plastered pools in contravention of the NPC Guidelines and, yet, there isn't some huge increase in plaster failures.

Don't sweat it, your pool will survive.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

My PB put salt in my pool the day after it was filled and turned on the SWG. I didn't know any better and it turned out fine. At least it is still fine 3-1/2 years later.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

If the plaster quality is good, adding salt early is only a minor issue. There should not be any visible problems.

What would be nice is to inform the PB and plasterer about this article and thread on TFP: When Should Salt be Added?

Hopefully they will realize that adding salt too soon is not the best program and provide a better product.

6. Back To Top    #6

Appreciate all the responses guys, I will pass the info on to the builder for the threads referenced above!