No Skim, all vac

Dec 29, 2015
Chino/CA
So i bought my house about 2 months ago and have not changed anything on the current setup, my brother who bought a house w/ a pool about 6 years ago came by and basically told me I have no top skimming going on. I have my Hayward ultra vac connected to a hose connected to the skimmer 24/7 and is recommending something this to skim and vac:

Amazon.com: Pentair R211100 Vac-Mate Pool Cleaner Dispenser Box: Patio, Lawn Garden

I have 1 return line and cant find any other lines.

Do you guys think I really do need this item? Is anyone else using this w/ an Hayward Ultra vac?

Just in case, here is my intro w/ more info:

New pool owner needs help in So. Cal.

Just a suggestion on how to spend a bunch of your money. Get the ultra vac out of the skimmer - and let it do its job -- skimming. Then go buy a robot. OK they cost $500 but you have skimming and cleaning. Throw the robot in once a week -- go play golf -- take it out when you come back -- pool clean.

They have a high initial cost -- cost almost nothing to operate. And you don't need to run the filter pump top clean the pool.

OK, cool!

So this past Saturday we used the Jacuzzi for the very 1st time, I set the valves so that its sucking from the Jacuzzi and return into the Jacuzzi, it took 2 hours to get steamy hot!!!!! Thats not normal, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.