Why not use white pavers?

Jan 27, 2016
Sarasota/FL
In Sarasota, I'm about to re-finish a small, 25 year-old, in-ground pool and adjoining spa, and re-surface the surrounding deck (currently poly-pebble).
  • The pool is on the south side of the L-shaped house, under a screen cage.
  • On the northwest and northeast sides, there's a high overhang from the roof. The pool and spa aren't under the overhang, but much of the deck is.
  • There are some very tall trees about 30 feet to the south and west, and some thick palm trees just outside the cage.
  • Because of the trees and the overhang, the pool and deck get only about 4-5 hours of direct sun during the winter, 8-10 hours during the summer. Deep under the overhang gets very little direct sun.

I'd like to cover the poly-pebble with thin pavers, in as bright a color as possible. My contractor is warning me away from white or off-white pavers, saying that these colors will attract mold over time. True? (Pure white pavers seem hard to find, but that's another discussion.)

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

They would essentially be just like using white/standard concrete. Power washing will clean it easy. Only need a small electric one if you plan to clean it a couple of times a year. If u let it go you might need more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.