Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why not use white pavers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why not use white pavers?

In Sarasota, I'm about to re-finish a small, 25 year-old, in-ground pool and adjoining spa, and re-surface the surrounding deck (currently poly-pebble).
    • The pool is on the south side of the L-shaped house, under a screen cage.
    • On the northwest and northeast sides, there's a high overhang from the roof. The pool and spa aren't under the overhang, but much of the deck is.
    • There are some very tall trees about 30 feet to the south and west, and some thick palm trees just outside the cage.
    • Because of the trees and the overhang, the pool and deck get only about 4-5 hours of direct sun during the winter, 8-10 hours during the summer. Deep under the overhang gets very little direct sun.

I'd like to cover the poly-pebble with thin pavers, in as bright a color as possible. My contractor is warning me away from white or off-white pavers, saying that these colors will attract mold over time. True? (Pure white pavers seem hard to find, but that's another discussion.)

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston tx

Re: Why not use white pavers?

I would steer away from white because of trying to keep it clean. It will definitely show the dirt! Also, I think the glare from white pavers would be a problem.
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

What she said!^^^^^^^^^^^ NO white! light cream would be best.......

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    New York

They would essentially be just like using white/standard concrete. Power washing will clean it easy. Only need a small electric one if you plan to clean it a couple of times a year. If u let it go you might need more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LEG lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter)