Which Intelliflo Pump Should I Insist On?

I'm having a new Intelliflo pump installed next month, and am wondering if I should insist on a particular Intelliflo model?

I see on Pentair's site there are 3 different Intelliflo pumps, and am not sure if there's a particular one I should get? The models on Pentair's site are:

• Intelliflo
  • IntellifloXF
  • Intelliflo 2 VST

Is one of the above their newest model, and, perhaps, something I should insist on, or doesn't it really matter?

The one you don't want is the 011017. This is the Intelliflo with SVRS.. it works fine, but has a higher low speed limit than the 011018 which does not have the SVRS safety feature. SVRS will shut off the pump if someone gets trapped on the main drain, not an issue for most newer pools with dual main drains, or single main drains with the new covers.

I had never heard of the Intelliflow 2 VST, but it looks like the same pump with a removable (or rotatable) control panel. Not an issue for you since you have the EasyTouch.. If you didn't have an EasyTouch, you might have to stand on your head to use the fixed Keypad. It also cost about $400 more.

Pooldv is right on with recommendation of the Intelliflo VS P/N 011018.

Jim R.

It looks like Pentair is going to replace the 011018 with the new 2 VS. It claims easier programability and better interface with automation systems, rotatable control panel, redesigned electrical connections and better sealed against weather. The 011018 is still shown in their product lineup as a current product. It is a "tried and true" pump design. I don't know that I would pay hundreds extra for a "new improved" design until it has some track record.

You don't program the pump often, electrical connection are only meaningful at install. I made a weather cover for mine out of a $8 storage bin. I guess it would depend on the price difference between the two.

Chief,

Thanks....I'll have to check and see if there's a price difference between the 011018 and the new 2 VS. If the difference is negligible, it makes sense to me to go with the newest model. (It's not clear on Pentair's site if there are any interface improvements that would apply to my EasyTouch system).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.