Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflow inlet height

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflow inlet height

Hello all. I am considering changing my Maxi Glass 2 pump to a Pentair Intelliflow VS pump. Is the height from the ground to the middle of the inlet port on the VS pump the same as the Maxi Glass? I don't know if there is any kind of standard for this dimension or not. I only have about 4" of pipe from a 3 way valve to the inlet of the Maxi Glass, so not a lot of room if the height is not similar.

Thanks!

Last edited by gary300; 01-26-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflow inlet height

It's an interesting question I don't recall seeing before although I'm sure it's been asked. I'm really in doubt about a standard height for sure, but that would be a good idea. Hopefully the new pump centerline will be lower so you could just shim up to the correct height. Modding that plumbing wouldn't be much fun.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Looks like the bottom of the inlet is 8.5" off the ground. I checked mine and it is indeed 8.5"

-Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

4. Back To Top    #4

The dimensional drawings for both pumps should be on the manufacturer's website.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    Looks like the bottom of the inlet is 8.5" off the ground. I checked mine and it is indeed 8.5"

Mine is 10.5" off the ground, so I might have a problem.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    The dimensional drawings for both pumps should be on the manufacturer's website.
    I looked, but could not find that specific dimension for either pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Post up a picture of the suction side plumbing
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

8. Back To Top    #8

It should be the same as a Whisperflo, which looks to be 8.25" from ground to the center of the inlet. Also, the above drawing should be to scale, so you should be able to get any measurement based on a single reference measurement.

You could use a paver stone to sit the pump on and raise it to the correct height.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for the info, guys. This is getting out of my comfort zone, so I am having a pro come in tomorrow to do it right. He is giving me $100 off labor if I do the electrical and data cable, which is more up my alley. He is charging 1300.00 complete which is the best price I could find in my area. Will also have a whole house surge protector put in due to the posts I have read here about sensitivity of power surges. I will also get a 3 year warantee instead of 60 days if a pro installs the pump. Looking forward to quiet operation and saving money on electricity. My 2 hp Maxiglass can really spin the electric meter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Ouch. Hope all works out.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale