Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No pressure from catridge filter

1. Back To Top    #1

No pressure from catridge filter

I recently changed the catridge filter I my ZX hurlcon filter and now it's reading zero pressure and creep crawly is not moving. The water is circulating fine and there is still quite a bit of suction from creepy crawly. Any idea why the gauge is reading no pressure. Cheers steve

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No pressure from catridge filter

Do you have your old cartridge? If so I would put it back in and see what happens. If no I would take the new one out and make sure you put in right. I would also look to make sure nothing came off the new filter that got caught in the gauge.

When you say the water is circulating fine what are you basing that on? Did you put your hand in the water in front of one of the returns?

How old is your gauge? Are you sure it still works?

Sorry for all of the questions. Trying to get a baseline to work from.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Kim, I tried putting old catridge in but still no pressure on gauge. Yep I put my hand over returns and flow seems ok.

I'll check that nothing is caught in the gauge. The gauge is about 6 years old.

Cheers
    Steve

4. Back To Top    #4

Might be time for a TFP Glycerin filled gauge!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

As borjis says you probably need a new gauge. But first take the old one off and inspect it. Remove any crud that may be blocking it. Blow into it and run it under some water and see if that changes things. Even if the cartridges are improperly installed you should be getting some presure reading.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

New gauge then! Let us know what that does or at least the cleaning/checking of the old one.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok thanks for advice. Will investigate the gauge this weekend.

Cheers

8. Back To Top    #8

If you do decide on a new gauge TFTestkits.net has a fancy oil filled gauge for 11 bucks.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

I took the gauge off and gave it a clean. Appears to be working now.

Thanks