Dolphin M5 vs Dolphin Oasis Z5

letric

Jan 25, 2016
Ormond Beach, FL
I sent maytronics an email to clear up the naming and models and they replied to go see a dealer. I have tried doing research and I give up. If they don't care about the customers to be straight with them, I don't think I want their product. I think I am going with the Hayward TigerShark QC. anyone have any experience with this one?

I don't know about that specific model, but Dolphin does traditionally make mail order models that are almost identical to their retail models. Often they will have minor differences in color scheme, cord length or run time. They even love to play these games on their retail models. I currently have a Dolphin Diagnostic Pro, which was the "professional" version of the Diagnostic with 1/3 longer warranty, and a duller gray and white color scheme when you look at the fine print details though, you find they changed the cleaning cycle from 3 hours down to 2 hours. (I bought mine cheap as an open box new deal on ebay)

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated, but before you decide out of frustration, perhaps we can help. I'm biased since I have one, but the M5 is a fine machine thst performs outstandingly well.

I don't know it as I don't have one. Reviews here have been more positive for the Maytronics Dolphins and their other models. It's just my opinion, but this is not Hayward's Stong suit compared to Maytronics.

I have the Z5 and love it, however if I could do it again I'd get the M5. It has a center brush that pretty much eliminates it from getting stuck, not that mine does but I have heard complaints from others about the Z5 hanging up on the drain covers.

I sent maytronics an email to clear up the naming and models and they replied to go see a dealer. I have tried doing research and I give up. If they don't care about the customers to be straight with them, I don't think I want their product. I think I am going with the Hayward TigerShark QC. anyone have any experience with this one?
This is not an unusual method of doing business and their response is the same as you will get in other industries who private label or special label products fro different retail sales channels. One only needs to look at the mattress industry. It is next to impossible to compare or price shop because most manufacturers have a different model number/name for the exact same mattress depending on the retailer.

The electronics industry does the same thing. See a TV that you like... Generally you will not find that exact model at Sams or Costco. These retailers sell "similar" products tpo those you may see at the other big name retailers. The Sams/Costco models will have one extra HDMI port, one less HDMI port or some other minor change in the specs so that with a different model number there is not direct competition between these retailers and the normal electronics retail channels.

If you are going to take Maytronics off your list do it because there is a reason their products won't meet your needs, not because a customer service representative won't answer a question that they may be prohibited for answering in contracts with their retailers.

What about the dolphin premier? That seems to be the latest product? How does that compare to the M5 or the Oasis Z5? I will buy a robot cleaner, but from my current searches the premier is the latest and greatest? I'm definitely going with a Dolphin product, The reviews all over the net are undeniable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The premier line isn't new, it's just the upper tier of their line. The M4, and M5 have been replaced with the M400 and 500 respectively. The Z5 is equivalent to the M5 without the bottom brush, and Pro Features remote, both of which are worthwhile differences for the increased price.

So if I understand correctly, your recommendation currently would be the M500? Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So if I understand correctly, your recommendation currently would be the M500? Thank you

I'm late to this party, but I agree - I'm very happy with my M5. But, as it has been pointed out it has been replaced by the M500.

In looking at them lately, I may have looked at the Dolphin Oasis Z5 whihc is the on line retailer version of the M5.

Tim5055;
I keep reading conflicting reports that it is not the same? Oasis Z5 versus M500

Tim5055;
I keep reading conflicting reports that it is not the same? Oasis Z5 versus M500

There are some slight differences if I remember correctly. But, I didn't discover the Z5 until after I had already purchased my M5 so it was too late for me. As I remember the differences were not sufficient that it would have dissuaded me from the Z5.

I found a great company for Maytronics parts and I bet a call to them may clear us any questions.

Maytronics Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner Replacement Parts | Marina Pool Spa & Patio

If you click through on each model there is an exploded parts diagram so you should be able to see the differences.

Tim5055;

Have you read about differences other than those I mentioned in the other thread. These are the bottom brush, and Pro Feature remote. If you have any dirt/dust issues at all, I suggest the M500 over the Z5 because of the bottom brush roller. If not, and you still want a remote with more features, I would suggest the M500 again. If neither is of interest, I would suggest the Z5. If there are other differences, I'm not aware of them, but would be interested in knowing. Those are the only ones I know of though.

Well I'd be interested in the M5/500, but as difficult as they make it to buy I am about to give up.

Thank you pooldv,, I will definitely call them. I am without doubt buying a robot, and want to be sure to make the right decision. I am still astonished how hard dolphin makes it to purchase their products. Wow. I'm also researching variable speed motors, leaning hard toward a Pentair Inteliflo at this point.

Lykyl,

I share your frustration, believe me. I wanted the M5 after a lot of painstaking research, and no one around me including my PB could help me. So, I ordered mine from a town 2 hours away. On one hand, I want to wring the necks of those in charge, but on the other hand I sympathize with the local owned businesses they are trying to protect. They save the up-line models for their smaller Authorized dealerships allowing them to compete somewhat with large chains and Internet sellers. We as consumers end up paying the price with the frustration of deciphering models lines, and searching out products to actually buy. My search was worth it, and if I seem pushy about them, it's only because I want others to experience what I have with mine. All said, they really need to work on this and figure it out.

48a8f29c43e8ec16b3e19476ed685f2f.jpg

This is what I got directly from Dolphin.
It appears the main difference in these three really is programming concerning the remote and timers.

Patrick_B
Thanks for your input and help concerning the distribution.

Lykly, I glad you posted that info. I was going to mention the warranty. If you buy it from an authorized dealer, you get a 3 year warranty, over the Internet is 60 days (I think). My PB is getting us the M500. But, I think we are fortunate to have a Maytronics store locally.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.