Should SLAM now?

TJTJ

Oct 18, 2015
Orinda, California
Last summer we were fighting green algae all summer long, mainly by brushing the pool. CYA was at 125, tested by pool store. End of summer we located forum and purchased tf-100 test kit. Have lowered CYA to 70 and hope to lower to 50 by the end of rainy season (April 1) My question is should we perform slam before the algae returns in the summer? I'm not sure the algae will return, might just be dormant as it is not warm. Water temp. probably around 50 degrees now. I'm no longer using the 3" pucks and am using 8.25% chlorine bleach. Water has always been clear and the FC is kept around 10. Just not sure if the algae will return. Does keeping the FC at appropriate levels prevent algae? Or do we have to kill the algae via shocking the pool (SLAM)
Hope I am making sense to the forum and any answers will be appreciated. Thanks. TJ

I would leave it for now then. There's no indictation of a problem with your numbers or clarity.

However, if you start seeing issues as the water warms, check behind your lights, ladders, and any other low circulation areas for hidden algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.