Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need new cover- Jacuzzi J-470

1. Back To Top    #1

need new cover- Jacuzzi J-470

Ok, I have had this hot tub since 2009. I have went thru two covers. Jacuzzi replaced the first one as water was getting in the side part of the cover. Now the 4 year old one is holding water on each half of the cover.
    We have a cover lift, dont abuse the cover etc and they dont last long. I am hesitant to buy another from the dealer. Need some suggestions or reference of folks who purchased a new cover of the internet. Anyone using alternative covers.

Help... would like this one to last longer
    Oh and I leave the cover off for a while when I add chemicals. Does get direct sun, maybe i also need s extra cover that protects the cover.

In West Virginia, so we do get harsh winters.
    22,000 IG vinyl liner
    sand filter
    LQ 8 gallon

Jacuzzi Hot Tub
    420 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: need new cover- Jacuzzi J-470

LOL! Cover for the cover! Might actually be cheaper though. I haven't had to replace mine yet. There are some recommendations on this recent thread, Spa Cover Recommendations
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I keep a tarp over my cover lol. I cut it to match the size so it's not too ugly. It's just too hard to keep the leather in good condition.
    Intex 15'x48" AG metal frame pool (4,440 gal), Krystal Clear (1600) 14" sand filter, Taylor K2006 test kit, Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit/vacuum (love it!), Intex Deluxe Skimmer, BBB.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Hey there, I went with Hot Tub Covers Replacement Spa Covers from BeyondNice I had them sow 2 handles in the middle of the cover, so I could close the cover while in the tub.. The mistake I made was not using both handles at the same time and they started to tear... Once I started using both handles no further damage has been done and it works great...

Thickest Hot Tub Covers: 6"-4" Tapered with 1.0# (R23.85-R37) Cover thickness selection ULTRA cover is 6 inches thick tapering to 4 inches for the most insulation available - R24.9
    Tie down straps Standard: 4 tie down straps, 1 strap on each of the four sides Tie down strap
    Additional insulation Upgrade: Long Steam Stopper - additional insulation seals under the fold View - $19.00
    Upgrade: Double Thick & Double Wrap - twice as thick as Standard and wrapped twice - $36.00
    1.5 pound - Shear strength 26-32 psi (Estimated 4-2 taper static load limit - 270 pounds) - $45.00
    Upgrade: Strengthen the fold/hinge View - $18.00

Cost me 445 dollars with free shipping, received it in about 2 weeks from ordering.. Great customer service!!

I have had this cover for 3 years now, it is still not water logged, does not let air escape, and still looks great (except the handles on the inside) It is thick, 6 inches in center and 4 on the ends.. way thicker than my original and that helps the heat stay in, the heater turns on much less now...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **