need new cover- Jacuzzi J-470

Apr 21, 2008
Ok, I have had this hot tub since 2009. I have went thru two covers. Jacuzzi replaced the first one as water was getting in the side part of the cover. Now the 4 year old one is holding water on each half of the cover.
We have a cover lift, dont abuse the cover etc and they dont last long. I am hesitant to buy another from the dealer. Need some suggestions or reference of folks who purchased a new cover of the internet. Anyone using alternative covers.

Help... would like this one to last longer
Oh and I leave the cover off for a while when I add chemicals. Does get direct sun, maybe i also need s extra cover that protects the cover.

In West Virginia, so we do get harsh winters.

Hey there, I went with Hot Tub Covers Replacement Spa Covers from BeyondNice I had them sow 2 handles in the middle of the cover, so I could close the cover while in the tub.. The mistake I made was not using both handles at the same time and they started to tear... Once I started using both handles no further damage has been done and it works great...

Thickest Hot Tub Covers: 6"-4" Tapered with 1.0# (R23.85-R37) Cover thickness selection ULTRA cover is 6 inches thick tapering to 4 inches for the most insulation available - R24.9
Tie down straps Standard: 4 tie down straps, 1 strap on each of the four sides Tie down strap
Additional insulation Upgrade: Long Steam Stopper - additional insulation seals under the fold View - $19.00
Upgrade: Double Thick & Double Wrap - twice as thick as Standard and wrapped twice - $36.00
1.5 pound - Shear strength 26-32 psi (Estimated 4-2 taper static load limit - 270 pounds) - $45.00
Upgrade: Strengthen the fold/hinge View - $18.00

Cost me 445 dollars with free shipping, received it in about 2 weeks from ordering.. Great customer service!!

I have had this cover for 3 years now, it is still not water logged, does not let air escape, and still looks great (except the handles on the inside) It is thick, 6 inches in center and 4 on the ends.. way thicker than my original and that helps the heat stay in, the heater turns on much less now...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.