Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: after build questions

1. Back To Top    #1

after build questions

Hi-
    three questions-
    The picture shows a flow valve for the vacuum sweep protruding into pool. PB states that
    this is normal and they never get flush to the pool wall. Sounds crazy to me that a manufacturer
    would let a defect like that exist especially if it can be a safety issue. Is this common?

Also; I turned on the pool filter to clean pool and sweep sides. The water flow was only coming
    out of the vacuum sweep valve but my other 3 flow valves were idle....
    Should I have water flowing from all valves when I turn on filter?

One more: There is a slight opening where the concrete pool deck meets the ledge stone raised wall.
    Can that be a quality issue with water compromising this area over time?

thanks for your help
    Tom

flow fixture.jpeg
    TomCa - IG, gunite, Freeform, 30 x 17, raised beam wall w/ledgestone and flagstone cap, 3ft spill, radiant fusion blue frost, 480sqft concrete decking. SWG filtration, 2 returns, 1 skimmer. 2" & 2.5"PVC . JEP15 Jandy ePump 1.5hp Variable Speed, AquaLink PDA P4 Pool Control , SAVI-MELODY100-J Nexxus 14W 12V Pool Light X 2, J Series, Polaris - 360 Cleaner, Model F1B.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: after build questions

when you say you turned on the "pool filter" to sweep the sides and clean the pool did you really mean your vacuum?

I would like to see a picture of the "One more: There is a slight opening where the concrete pool deck meets the ledge stone raised wall. Can that be a quality issue with water compromising this area over time?"

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Was Premier your builder?

You are mixing language here and con fusing Kim.

You have a pressure side cleaner. I,m not going to say the hose connection slight protrusion is acceptable but it's common.

You tuned on the pump to run the pool sweep and All the flow is through the pool sweep connection. There is a jandy valve at the pad that controls the mix between the pool sweep and the other returns.

Give us a picture for the other issue
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

LOL it does not take much to confuse me!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit