Pool pump will not turn OFF

Sal512

May 17, 2015
Austin, TX
Something weird happened yesterday, i noticed that my pool pump was running all day. It completely ignored the programmed 6 hour run cycle. I went outside and tried to turn it off from the panel, switched it from auto, to service. Turned off pump switch. But no matter what i do pump continues to run. Eventually i flipped the fuse trip lever and cut off power supply to turn it off. Anybody have any tips on what might have gone wrong ? This equipment has been running fine for the past year since i owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Sal512. :bump: While I may not be able to resolve your programming issue, it may help some others if you can describe what type of programmable feature you have (i.e. make, model, etc). Perhaps someone else will know a trick or two for that specific item. As for your note at the bottom of your sig (which test kit), I'd recommend the TF-100. You can obtain it from TFTestkits.net. It is filled fill generous amount of Taylor reagents. A great value. Best of luck!

What was the temperature outside? Pentair easytouch and variable speed pumps have a freeze mode protection. If the panel or pump goes into freeze mode, it cannot be turned off. The panel will display "freeze" on the display

It was day time and temp outside was 65. Yes, i have seen the freeze protection kick in whenever temp drop s below 38. This was not one of those times. I turned the fuse lever ON the next day and things started to work normal again. Whatever the problem was seems to have gone away on its own. I have the aqualink rs6 remote programming panel fixed to wall inside the house

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.