FC 10.5
    CC 0
    pH 7.6
    TA 80
    CH 240
    CYA 40
    Salt 4600
    84F, CSI -0.31

The CYA surprised me. I've put 6.6 lbs (3 kg) in 11,500 g (43,500 Litres) so I was expecting 60 after a bit of overflow. I don't think there's any way I could have lost 1/3 of my water to the overflow. Maybe the CYA is getting stepped on!!

I had turned up the SWG for hot weather and lots of kids, and should have turned it down; lesson learned.

Comments most welcome and thanks again for the wealth of information here!!
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Nice colours! Got my test kit

Numbers look pretty good - obviously FC is just a little high but that will come down easy enough with some fine tuning of your SWG and a dose of hot weather- certainly better to be a little high than too low!!

Just wondering when you added your stabiliser- it can take around a week to register on your testing?

CH is a little low for a concrete pool so you'll be wanting to work that up.

Other than that-nothing to stop you from having a great Australia Day by the pool.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah what he said! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I would not worry too much about adjusting the CH. It will come up soon enough on its own if you have any CH in your fill water.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for looking over my numbers, and Happy Birthday, Australia... Hip Hip Hooray!!

Good sleuthing re: stabilizer, but it was 6 weeks ago for the first 4.4 lbs (2 kg) and 2 weeks ago for 2.2 lbs (1 kg), so I remain mystified.

Fill water is 30-40 CH, so yep, I'll keep getting some as long as the rainstorms hold off (but more importantly even just for today!)

Glad the numbers look OK. They would not be if not for the amazing effort the experts here have put in. If you’re going by here today, there's more than a few coldies waiting for you!

To my new Aussie TFP mates, tis a day to ditch the rules, hit the frog and toad with the cheese ‘n kisses, and get the latest nails and screws from the rellies. Can’t wait to smash some cutlets and mystery bags, then muck around with the billy lids. Might have to catch a smash and grab to avoid the ducks and geese!

Good on yas all!!
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

6. Back To Top    #6

Sounds like gibberish to me, but have a fun day! Watching the Australian Open is my celebration!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Or you could be watching the T20 cricket!!

Just coming back to the stabiliser- just wondering how you had measured you CYA number before receiving your K2006C.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

8. Back To Top    #8

Haha, yep re: cricket but watching more tenny these days!

K, I knew my volume (43,500 L) from the fill based on the water meter reading. Added 2 kg which calcs at 46 ppm and pool store said 60 ten days later. Hummed and hawed about adding something I can't get rid of, did a bunch of reading, convinced myself and added another kilo - so 69 ppm added. Pumped out ~7,000 litres during the rainstorm, plus some overflow. I pumped out in the morning before the normal pump run time, so that fresh water might be most of the drain water. Drain water had a bit more than half the TA, modestly lower pH and 1/3 the FC of the pool water, so I ended up with a rough volumetric estimate of 60 ppm. If the CYA diffuses better than the other chems, that might explain it.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

With all that aside - a possible explanation is that you have got the pool store result (CYA is one test the pool store can be very inconsistent on) and backwashing. Testing for CYA also has a +/- testing error of up to 15 and can be tricky to get right for the novice tester.

So just going with your recent test from the K2006C for CYA is the best indicator.
    K-2006

10. Back To Top    #10

Yep agreed on both (gibberish, haha, and using my own CYA reading). I tried letting the mixture stand for 2-3 minutes and didn't see any difference. My readings have been 40,40,40 so far with less than 1/8" (3 mm) of play either side of the 40 line.

I've been holding it at my waist as Duraleigh suggests, which helps with the reading. My wife says the neighbours will think I'm doing a wee, LOL.

I'll pick up a couple pounds of CYA tomorrow.

Thanks again!