Brick, New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New house with 7ish year old pool. It has a XG ClearVision water purifier. I was going to switch over to a salt water chlorine generator (had one in my old smaller vinyl pool). Heres the question, I dont see a place to put chlorine tabs (see pic), am I missing something?!? Is the clear vision need to be removed for the SWCG to be installed? Should I have it removed anyway, or just leave it? Anyone heard about the Jandy Pro Series TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, their new salt system? Wondering if I should wait for that.

krZaXk2.jpg

I have no idea what a "XG CLear Vision water purifier" is. I tried my friend Google, but it keeps directing me to Nature2.

I don't see an in line tab chlorinator in the photo, but I'll ask; Why are you asking for a place to put tabs?

Well, if you are considering an SWG, you do not need chlorine tabs.

(Wow! That's a complex arrangement!)
I think the installer retired on PVC and valve commissions on that install. Wow, I can't even follow the flow.

Yea, its not my install. Im coming from a single pump 11k liner pool w/ a SWCG with infloor cleaning system, to this. Im slightly confused! For a chlorine pool, dont I need somewhere to put cholrine tabs? This is the XG CLearcVision water purifier, made by zodiac/nature 2 (sadly with 3 feet of snow I cant go look at it right now lol.
soTF1s6.jpg

Well, that explains why Google kept taking me to Nature2. Nature2 by design is a "mineral" based pool care system. When they say mineral, you can read that to mean copper and silver ions. While they will kill algae, the replacment cartridges are an added expense you don't need and the side effects (staining of pool walls/turning blonde hair green) are things you don't want.

If I follow the pipes correctly in your photo, the water exits the heater, enters the CLearVision than goes into the ground to be returned to the pool.

I would remove the CLearVision and put a SWCG in it's place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.