Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Switch to SWCG?

1. Back To Top    #1

Switch to SWCG?

New house with 7ish year old pool. It has a XG ClearVision water purifier. I was going to switch over to a salt water chlorine generator (had one in my old smaller vinyl pool). Heres the question, I dont see a place to put chlorine tabs (see pic), am I missing something?!? Is the clear vision need to be removed for the SWCG to be installed? Should I have it removed anyway, or just leave it? Anyone heard about the Jandy Pro Series TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, their new salt system? Wondering if I should wait for that.

23k gal in-ground gunite w/ spa/blower, Sheer descent, Jandy AquaPure SWCG, Pentair 2HP Pump x2, Raypak P-R406A-EN-C 399k BTU gas heater, Polaris 380/Polaris PB4-60 Pump, DE filter w/ separation tank

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Switch to SWCG?

Well, if you are considering an SWG, you do not need chlorine tabs.

(Wow! That's a complex arrangement!)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have no idea what a "XG CLear Vision water purifier" is. I tried my friend Google, but it keeps directing me to Nature2.

I don't see an in line tab chlorinator in the photo, but I'll ask; Why are you asking for a place to put tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Well, if you are considering an SWG, you do not need chlorine tabs.

(Wow! That's a complex arrangement!)
    I think the installer retired on PVC and valve commissions on that install. Wow, I can't even follow the flow.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea, its not my install. Im coming from a single pump 11k liner pool w/ a SWCG with infloor cleaning system, to this. Im slightly confused! For a chlorine pool, dont I need somewhere to put cholrine tabs? This is the XG CLearcVision water purifier, made by zodiac/nature 2 (sadly with 3 feet of snow I cant go look at it right now lol.
    23k gal in-ground gunite w/ spa/blower, Sheer descent, Jandy AquaPure SWCG, Pentair 2HP Pump x2, Raypak P-R406A-EN-C 399k BTU gas heater, Polaris 380/Polaris PB4-60 Pump, DE filter w/ separation tank

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, that explains why Google kept taking me to Nature2. Nature2 by design is a "mineral" based pool care system. When they say mineral, you can read that to mean copper and silver ions. While they will kill algae, the replacment cartridges are an added expense you don't need and the side effects (staining of pool walls/turning blonde hair green) are things you don't want.

If I follow the pipes correctly in your photo, the water exits the heater, enters the CLearVision than goes into the ground to be returned to the pool.

I would remove the CLearVision and put a SWCG in it's place.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

6. Back To Top    #6

And at least empty the nature2/clear vision ASAP.

7. Back To Top    #7

your system looks exactly like mine. rapak heater, vs pump, iaqualink....add the salt system and get rid of the jandy thing.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

8. Back To Top    #8

WOW at the pressure gauges! What do they "read"?

You do not need a tablet feeder. IF you go out of town for more that a weekend you can use a floater.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

The devices look like safety vacuum release devices. Looks like vac-alert.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    The devices look like safety vacuum release devices. Looks like vac-alert.
    Yes, they're the vac-alert saftey releases.