Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: still have the foam..

1. Back To Top    #1

still have the foam..

I didn't want to hijack the other guy's thread about foam but ours we have been battling since we got the tub pretty much in 2014. We have used the ahh-some stuff, changed the filters, refill regularly.

here's the interesting part - to me anyway. So the hub refills the tub, changes the filters, get chems right and no one uses it for like four days. Go to Use the tub and I notice there's scum all around the edge. What the heck? Also, the foam is back big time. It doesn't matter if our clothes are dirty or fresh. Tried it both ways.

Any other thoughts? We keep having to use the defoam stuff.

Our tub is 475 gallon Dynasty Symphany. Of course the spa company is useless and has been. The website even more so.
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: still have the foam..

What is your CH level? Raise to 150ppm if it is low. That will help with foaming. Also, if using bleach make sure not to use easy pour or splashless bleach, they cause foam also.

More on how to increase CH here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by DMS2014 View Post
    I didn't want to hijack the other guy's thread about foam but ours we have been battling since we got the tub pretty much in 2014. We have used the ahh-some stuff, changed the filters, refill regularly.

here's the interesting part - to me anyway. So the hub refills the tub, changes the filters, get chems right and no one uses it for like four days. Go to Use the tub and I notice there's scum all around the edge. What the heck? Also, the foam is back big time. It doesn't matter if our clothes are dirty or fresh. Tried it both ways.

Any other thoughts? We keep having to use the defoam stuff.

Our tub is 475 gallon Dynasty Symphany. Of course the spa company is useless and has been. The website even more so.
    Not sure if u were taking about my foam thread or not. But I solved by shocking daily until the chlorine lasted. Now it's completely gone.

My tub tends to get scum around the edge when the ph is high, the FC seems to get consumed instantly. Drop your TA to 50-60 and adjust ph to 7.5-7.8. Then shock.
    Intex 15'x48" AG metal frame pool (4,440 gal), Krystal Clear (1600) 14" sand filter, Taylor K2006 test kit, Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit/vacuum (love it!), Intex Deluxe Skimmer, BBB.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes and Yes. We use bromine. I forgot to mention that. I will try these suggestions. or better yet, I will have the hubby look at this. I do the pool, he can do the tub!
    19k SW IG

5. Back To Top    #5

do you mean 15 PPM? 150 seems like a lot!
    19k SW IG

6. Back To Top    #6

Just a thought...he's not using "splash-less" bleach, is he?
    Hot Springs Sovereign (1999?)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by DMS2014 View Post
    do you mean 15 PPM? 150 seems like a lot!
    Yes, CH should be 130-150ppm. More here, How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach