Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build almost complete

1. Back To Top    #1

New build almost complete

Since I have enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures over the last few months while we renovated our backyard, I thought I would share some pics. I will provide a few pics of the process, as I am sure many of you can empathize with the pain of construction while you are living at the house. I will also say that, as a first-time pool owner, this site has been invaluable as a learning tool.

I could not find a highly recommended pool company in my area, so we hired a concrete guy with 15 years of prior pool experience to oversee the project. He has stuck with us through this 7-month ordeal (the pool was only about a 4-week process if we had done only built a pool, but the entire build included a covered back porch and small pool house), but I am glad to see him and all the other subs out of my backyard.

Here we go:

We decided to renovate our backyard because, while we enjoy our home, the rear of the house is west facing and Alabama summers make it unbearable to enjoy the yard. If the heat doesn't kick your butt then the mosquitos will eventually cause you to go crazy.

Here is the before pic just after demo of the old porch awning.

Pool walls going in

Framing going up

Roof decking almost done

Fast-forward several months to a bricked porch

We are really close. Cold weather has kept me from staining the concrete and I still have to build a cover for the ventilation duct. Recent surgery has kept me from placing the Green Egg next to the gas grill.

Aluminum framed screens turned out great and we really enjoy looking out over the pool despite the snow on the ground.

I cannot get the gas logs to start, but maybe soon

Really like the liner color. We were worried about it since we picked the color from a few pics on the internet.

I am sure several of you have installed pools in the fall and then had to wait months to jump in for the first time. I am ready for Spring.

Thanks to all of you that have posted your experiences and graciously answered others' questions. I have learned quite a bit.
    40,000 gal vinyl saltwater; Pentair Intellichlor, Pentair Intellibrite 5g; Pentair cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build almost complete

Gorgeous! Everything looks top notch! Your liner makes the water color look so pretty. I can see why you're impatient for spring to come!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well done! I love a first post with awesome pictures!

I hope you can get the gas logs going soon. They need to be working now with that snow on the ground!

What are you testing the water with? Look in my siggy for the test kit we use and love!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice setup!! Thank you for sharing your pics with us!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

I love your porch and extension! I bet you won't have a problem using that backyard now!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome choices. That porch is a major win. As for the pool, I definitely suggest waiting... at least until,your snow melts!!!
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks great
    34x48 40,000 gal mt lake concrete wall vinyl lined pool,gli 28 mil blk granite liner w/sure-step, pentair easy touch 8 w/screen logic,pentair fnsp 48 filter,2 pentair intellichlor vs pumps, pentair intellichlor ic60, 3 pentair led intellibrate 5g lights, 4 pentair magic stream Laminars, 12 ton moss rock waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the compliments. I have enjoyed seeing everyone else's pools. There are some incredible pools on this site.

40,000 gal vinyl saltwater; Pentair Intellichlor, Pentair Intellibrite 5g; Pentair cartridge filter