First post, but I've been lurking for a while. Awesome community.
I am currently under contract with a PB and it's pending financing (almost complete with an equity loan). The specs are 28x18 freeform with a 12' raised sunning circle where one might normally put a spa, with a sunshelf, and 3-6' depth. Equipment specs include:
- IntelliPro variable speed circulation pump by Sta Rite Industries
- 60 sq. ft. System 3 DE filter by Sta Rite Industries
- IntelliChlor chlorine generator (salt) by Pentair
- Navigator robotic pool cleaner by Hayward Industries
- Dedicated pool sweep line
- Lube-free diverter valves by Pentair
- Two surface skimmers (Eco Skim)
- Two main drains
- Four venturi surface returns
- Two fan jets
- Pentair Intelibrite LED
- Color Cascade Bubble in sunshelf
915'ish sq ft of pavers in a cream/beige colors with bullnose and soldier coping around the pool and entire deck in beige. I have a triangle shaped back yard (the lot is pie shaped/corner), so it's an interesting design. I'll try to scan the plans and upload later.
Hoping to get the project started in early Feb.
We're currently set to use Marquis Bluestone with Black as our interior finish, but "she who must be obeyed" is telling me she wants something darker. Now she's interested in Marquis Sapphire (an upgrade) . We've not seen it in person, so I'm skeptical, but we have seen Stonescapes Tropics Blue and we now love it. Curious if anyone has an opinion to share with these. I know it's generally personal preference, but I'm wondering if the Stonescapes might be easier on the skin or have a longer "realistic" life than the marquis. Or perhaps we'd just be paying a bit more for a color we like and still have to replace it in 7-10 years.
Also, any opinion on our equipment? I had a pool as a kid, but I have no idea about modern equipment and what to look out for.