Replaster recommendations in SoCal.

Nov 10, 2009
Riverside, Ca. (SoCal)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am going to get my pool replastered and was looking for some recommendations for some companies in SoCal. I am in Riverside county near San Diego and have a 19,000 gallon pool built in 2002 which is about 945sq ft. I have been dealing with some stubborn black stains and the plaster itself looks fine, but is somewhat porous and not easy on the eye. I was thinking of getting it acid washed but that would be about $2,000 including the cost of refilling it so I figured a couple more thousand and I could get it replastered since I was thinking of converting to salt as well. Any ballpark estimates how much this would cost. Thanks for the feedback. I included some pics of the stains and overall condition of the pool.

cb62ad6fdd404648c4e3124728793685.jpg
e862db8e70600a86f5d3a0600d4d5530.jpg
307c3da4372f1602704681e5f800515e.jpg
f2856dcb5e11c0dbdb8b73308c946897.jpg
b445f4536a95f507a0cdd45502508d0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome :wave:

I see you've been a TFP user for a while but you don't have many posts. I also see a puck floater in the picture. Can you tell us a bit about how you've been treating your pool chemically?

A lot of the plaster looks like chemical damage has occurred. I certainly encourage you to get a new plaster finish BUT if the pool isn't being treated well chemically, you may end up in the exact same spot your are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Mainly chlorine and muriatic acid. I admit I have not been keeping up with it the last year or so. The pool is about 14 years old and I just replaced the pool pump with a VS Pentair 3 1/2 HP pump. The latest issue I had was the black marks that I believe are algae and have yet to make a dent in making it go away. I spread some crushed tablets on the black stains and left it for about 2 days and brushed with little to no results. I have decided to replaster and will also be replacing the tile. The coping will stay to reduce costs but I was hoping to spend less than $10,000 for this project to include the cost of the salt water conversion. Is this doable? Will plan on getting a pool guy once this is done so I won't be in the same situation again. Thanks for the replies so far.

You do not need a pool guy since you have TFP. THIS is the best way to care for a pool. All you need is a good test kit and a few mins a day!

We can teach you how to care for your pool's new plaster so this does not happen again.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.