Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool House

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool House

Hi All:

I want to thank everyone here for the wealth of information here on the site and in the forum. TFP was a major piece of our decision to rip out the old pool and spa that were here when we bought our house and build new; the pool and spa had been so neglected that it actually made us worried to even own a pool [neither of us had before]. Here is what we had bought; note the ridiculously puny spa with the dumb brick collar, and the lovely water color:

600_9015.jpg

600_9037.jpg

So, after reading all through TFP, we picked a pool builder, and set about on the project:

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Midway through the pool project, we began working on our ideas for a “kitchen island” adjacent to the pool. That morphed a bit into a real pool house. Here is a spec drawing:

20151027_PoolHousePlan.jpg

We’ll have a full kitchen, and the great thing about having it enclosed is that we can use more readily available—read, more easily spec'ed and reasonably priced—appliances that aren’t required to be outdoor-certified. All our grilling is done on two Komodo Kamado grilles, and those will be outside of the pool house itself.

I'll post some progress photos in next post. We got a fair bit done before the winter weather hit.

Cheers, and thanks again.
    Pool: In ground gunnite, irregular shape, ~24x48', ~40,000 gallons, 3 waterfalls | Spa: 9-foot Circular w/ Spillover | Startup Date: 20151214 | Equipment: Sta-Rite IntelliPro Pump/Sta-Rite SBM150 Filter/Pentair Racer/Pentair EasyTouch & Intellitouch | Test Kits: TF100/Poolmaster 5-Way/Insta-LINK | Location: NorCal | Method: TFPC+ProTeam SupremePlus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool House

Progress pics of the pool house; even if we hadn't had a fair bit of rain that forced a pause in the concrete and patio work adjacent to the house, we had to wait for all the glass windows and doors. They won't be here until end of January.

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg

IMG_9123.jpg
    Pool: In ground gunnite, irregular shape, ~24x48', ~40,000 gallons, 3 waterfalls | Spa: 9-foot Circular w/ Spillover | Startup Date: 20151214 | Equipment: Sta-Rite IntelliPro Pump/Sta-Rite SBM150 Filter/Pentair Racer/Pentair EasyTouch & Intellitouch | Test Kits: TF100/Poolmaster 5-Way/Insta-LINK | Location: NorCal | Method: TFPC+ProTeam SupremePlus

3. Back To Top    #3

And here are some pics of the flooring for the pool house. Got an incredible deal—~$5/sq ft—on hand-hewn teak from Indonesia; even with the shipping cost, it tops out at just under $7. It's processed to raise and smooth the grain, so it feels very comfortable underfoot. It's difficult in the photographs to see just how deep the grain is. One of our goals with this project was to make everything "barefoot friendly," and this stuff is just amazingly smooth.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

Great project! Thanks for sharing it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Nicely done. What a great place to make lasting memories

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

6. Back To Top    #6

I can feel that wood under my feet! That is so PRETTY! I love the color!

What a great redo!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks good. Wish i had more land and i would have done a pool house for sure. Im content with my sunken dive up kitchen. LOL. Mae on my next house.
    NEW POOL BUILD IN THE WORKS. :)

PLAY POOL - SPA- SUNKEN BAR

8. Back To Top    #8

Holy smokes!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Look great so far good job guys
    34x48 40,000 gal mt lake concrete wall vinyl lined pool,gli 28 mil blk granite liner w/sure-step, pentair easy touch 8 w/screen logic,pentair fnsp 48 filter,2 pentair intellichlor vs pumps, pentair intellichlor ic60, 3 pentair led intellibrate 5g lights, 4 pentair magic stream Laminars, 12 ton moss rock waterfall

10. Back To Top    #10

How come you put a refrigerator in the pantry?
    14.5K gallon IG plaster pool, 1K gallon spa, dual 2hp Jandy pumps, 60 sqft DE filter, 400K BTU NG heater. Dual waterfalls, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris cleaner with 3/4 HP pump, Aqualink RS. See my pool here.

Thanks!, Austin

11. Back To Top    #11

He's got one under the bar too. I suspect the one in the pantry is a full size. We are doing the same thing (and adding a full size stand up freezer too). Our idea (and looks like it here to) is to have a fully autonomous kitchen that avoids having to go into the house or bring anything from the house.
    IG 16 x 50 Gunite. 3.5' - 9' depth 37,400 gallons 146LF perimeter and 863 square feet, 3 skimmers, 3 Pentair LED lights, 2 main drains, 6 pool returns, 1 vacuum line, 1 Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, 7x7 Spa attached with 1 Pentair LED Light raised 15 inches and 6 HydroAir Jets, 2 HP blower, Pentair DE60 Filter, Pentair Intellitouch I-7 w/Wireless remote, Pentair SWG 400k BTU Heater, Glacier Chiller. My 2015-2016 build thread.

12. Back To Top    #12

What a beautiful new project - love the pool house!
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

13. Back To Top    #13

Beautifully done....all of it.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!