IAQUALINK Antenna IQ900

boston62

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Pool Size
I switched Internet providers so I had to change the settings for the new router, I messed it up, now the drive in it isn't recognized, I I first hooked it up to the laptop out by the antenna, It recognized it, iaqualink showed up, I went through the setup, but when it asked me fo the ssid, it had the CenturyLink in there and changed it, could this have killed my antenna, Zodiac said I need a new antenna..Thanks

I highly doubt you killed the Transmitter or antenna. It is more likely your new router is running WPA-PSK encryption at 802.11N that is not supported by the older IQ900 units. You may be able to set your router to lower settings but you give up security and speed if it is even possible. I tried setting my router to 802.11B with WEP as a temporary measure and was not able to get it to work so I just had to wait until I could get an Ethernet cable out to my equipment pad. Your two best options are run an Ethernet cable from your router to the IQ900 or set up a bridge with an old router or range extender such as TP-LINK N300, Amazon has them for about $20 they are not intended for outdoor use so you will have to protect it somehow assuming you don't have pump house.

Yes you will still be able to access via the smart phone, the Ethernet line is no different than WiFi once it gets to your router all the data still communicates with the iaqualink servers.

If I recall correctly there is a slight indentation on the inside of the case near where the data line goes out to your equipment. My assumption is that space is meant to be a knockout for the Ethernet wire. I however did not use the knockout, I removed the PCB out of the case, unplugged the antenna in the back, unscrewed it from the case and ran the Ethernet through the whole left behind sealing it with some RTV silicone, but I have the tool to crimp my own CAT5 fittings. If you use a pre conectorized cable the Knockout is the way to go because it creates a slot the lid can be lowered over not a hole.

If you use the Ethernet don't forget the switch inside the unit that toggles from WiFi to Ethernet.

Are any of the 3 LEDs on the side of the unit lit? When you plug in the Ethernet do you get a link light on your router for the port you are plunging into? If not ensure you put the switch inside to hardline/Ethernet and or try another cable if you have one available. If you do get a link light then try power cycling your router.

So if the hard wire is not working I think the only other option would be an older b/g router from eBay. You would use a usb cable and download the iq900 setup program to set the Iq900 to link via WiFi to the older router. Then you would plug an Ethernet line from one of the ports on your new router to the WAN port of the old router. Making a bridge that won't limit your home WiFi speed.

atttech-2 you jogged my memory with your first post.

iQ900 systems will only work with the older "b" band routers. If you can force your new router to use B band (dual band), it will probably work, however not practical since it will slow the rest of your wireless network down. So getting an old one off e-bay like what atttech suggests, and daisy chaining it to your existing router is the best way to go.

This is also why there is now the upgraded iQ2.0, the upgrade supports the more current bands.

This is a MAJOR problem with the pool industry's use of "computer technology" For some reason, probably cost, they have been using all the old architecture with their computer controlled products.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.