Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IAQUALINK Antenna IQ900

1. Back To Top    #1

IAQUALINK Antenna IQ900

I switched Internet providers so I had to change the settings for the new router, I messed it up, now the drive in it isn't recognized, I I first hooked it up to the laptop out by the antenna, It recognized it, iaqualink showed up, I went through the setup, but when it asked me fo the ssid, it had the CenturyLink in there and changed it, could this have killed my antenna, Zodiac said I need a new antenna..Thanks
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Jandy Automation /w IAqualink
    Autopilot SWG
    Jandy 2.0 HP VSP, Filter Cartridge
    Taylor (FAS-DPD K-2600, Pool Surface: Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: IAQUALINK Antenna IQ900

I highly doubt you killed the Transmitter or antenna. It is more likely your new router is running WPA-PSK encryption at 802.11N that is not supported by the older IQ900 units. You may be able to set your router to lower settings but you give up security and speed if it is even possible. I tried setting my router to 802.11B with WEP as a temporary measure and was not able to get it to work so I just had to wait until I could get an Ethernet cable out to my equipment pad. Your two best options are run an Ethernet cable from your router to the IQ900 or set up a bridge with an old router or range extender such as TP-LINK N300, Amazon has them for about $20 they are not intended for outdoor use so you will have to protect it somehow assuming you don't have pump house.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

would you be able to access the iaqualink with smartphone using the ethernet cable, do you have to drill a hole in the antenna to connect cable, I saw the Ethernets socket. Thanks
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

tried the ethernet cable, nothing its dead.
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Yes you will still be able to access via the smart phone, the Ethernet line is no different than WiFi once it gets to your router all the data still communicates with the iaqualink servers.

If I recall correctly there is a slight indentation on the inside of the case near where the data line goes out to your equipment. My assumption is that space is meant to be a knockout for the Ethernet wire. I however did not use the knockout, I removed the PCB out of the case, unplugged the antenna in the back, unscrewed it from the case and ran the Ethernet through the whole left behind sealing it with some RTV silicone, but I have the tool to crimp my own CAT5 fittings. If you use a pre conectorized cable the Knockout is the way to go because it creates a slot the lid can be lowered over not a hole.

If you use the Ethernet don't forget the switch inside the unit that toggles from WiFi to Ethernet.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Are any of the 3 LEDs on the side of the unit lit? When you plug in the Ethernet do you get a link light on your router for the port you are plunging into? If not ensure you put the switch inside to hardline/Ethernet and or try another cable if you have one available. If you do get a link light then try power cycling your router.

7. Back To Top    #7

tried it, no lights using the ethernet, I also made sure the switch was on wired, I did buy a used one on ebay for $40..
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

So if the hard wire is not working I think the only other option would be an older b/g router from eBay. You would use a usb cable and download the iq900 setup program to set the Iq900 to link via WiFi to the older router. Then you would plug an Ethernet line from one of the ports on your new router to the WAN port of the old router. Making a bridge that won't limit your home WiFi speed.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

atttech-2 you jogged my memory with your first post.

iQ900 systems will only work with the older "b" band routers. If you can force your new router to use B band (dual band), it will probably work, however not practical since it will slow the rest of your wireless network down. So getting an old one off e-bay like what atttech suggests, and daisy chaining it to your existing router is the best way to go.

This is also why there is now the upgraded iQ2.0, the upgrade supports the more current bands.

This is a MAJOR problem with the pool industry's use of "computer technology" For some reason, probably cost, they have been using all the old architecture with their computer controlled products.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

10. Back To Top    #10

I had the 11b turned on, I intend to upgrade to 2.0, but in the summer time..Thanks everyone.
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG

11. Back To Top    #11

well just an update, I bought another iq900 on ebay, it's now running. I can't believe that changing the ssid in the iaqualink setup wiped out my other iaqualink antenna. ..
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

That is a strange one. What did the eBay one cost you? I got mine for $100 in October.

13. Back To Top    #13

I paid $39.00, great buy.. I think the next time it will be a 2.0 antenna. ..
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG