Pentair easy touch transfomer

Jan 22, 2016
Corona,ca
Hi,

I am new here. But, I have been struggling with finding an answer since we had our pentair automation installed. We have the easy touch pool and spa combo with the 8 functions. It comes with a built in transfomer. We had our pool lights and low voltage landscape on two separate transformers before the install. We assumed that those boxes wouldn't have to be there, and it would be wired through the easy touch. It wasn't and we still have two transformer boxes and the automation system. Can I really just have the pentair easy touch alone? Or are those separate tranformers still needed?

Thank you!

Socal,

Just to be clear... Is the problem that your new EasyTouch Panel currently controls your old lighting systems, but you do not like the fact that the original transformer boxes are still visible.. Or is the problem that your new EasyTouch does not control your old lighting system?

If just a visual problem, then Dave is correct.. If the EasyTouch is not set up to control your original lighting system, then that is something that can be corrected.

Jim R.

The transformer in the Easytouch box is to supply low voltage for the controller, and is not rated(amps) for the current draw that the pool light(s) or the landscape lights require. Just to be clear, this is the transformer that is located just behind the main board, and is about the size of a hardball. IF you have a SWCG, that transformer may, or may not be in the same box as the automation. That one is significantly larger, and can supply more amperage, but is reserved only for it's system, and you cannot draw off it either.

So, to answer your question, No, you need the two xformers that remained through your remodel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.