My test kit is here!

The pool dropped from FC 14 to 5 overnight (12 hours).

Today it's stayed higher (between 9 and 11.5 down from 13) until the last check at 17h30 where it dropped back to 6. Maybe because the sun came out? I've just topped up the chlorine and will check in an hour.

Do you think I need to backwash given that my gauge isn't working? The pump has been running for over 24 hours.

Keep it going Wheelie- just make sure you always stay above 12FC as much as you possibly can. As soon as you let it drop below, you let the algae keep its foot in the door. Are you still testing hourly during the day?

Just wondering how long it would take for you to get the pressure gauge delivered and installed?

Just going back to the cover issue... I use my cover part time during high FC levels are for two reasons. One is to kill anything that might be growing under it and two, is to keep my chlorine high during the day as I have a low CYA level.

When did you last backwash? With a faulty gauge, it might not hurt. Sand filters work best when they are a little dirty or by adding DE, but they don't work well when they are "full".

I'm testing every 1 to 2 hours depending on what the kids are up to!If I order a gauge now I'll probably get it by the end of the week. Post is not that fast in Oz!I backwashed last Sunday before adding CYA so only a week ago. The pool looks amazing - the clearest it's ever been. I will redouble my efforts to keep the FC above 12...

Doing the SLAM around kids is painful!! (speaking now from personal experience):(

If your water is and has been really clear and you only just backwashed, I'd probably tend to wait for the pressure gauge before backwashing but it is critical that you organise to get one and install it ASAP.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't THINK you will need the insert as you should already have one if your filter is the Davey filter. BUT it would not hurt anything but your wallet to get one if you are not sure.

I would get the oil one. The air ones WILL rust out as you have found.

Kim

I checked the pool at 21h44 and it was still sitting at 13 (I had dosed it to 14 at 20h35) so I went to bed. At 9am this morning it's down to 7 but CC is 0.

Does this sound like I'm moving in the right direction? When does this end?! Keep on hourly testing today and stay as close to 12 as possible?

Yes you are moving in the right direction. Your overnight loss indicates that you'll have some way to go yet.
There is no way of telling exactly how long it's going to take as everyone's pool and situation is different.

The less FC you lose particularly overnight will indicate that you are getting closer.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.