Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In need of obscure DE filter parts list: Andrews Advantage

1. Back To Top    #1

In need of obscure DE filter parts list: Andrews Advantage

Hi all! Am hoping the tfp forum can help out once again... I have a 36 sf stainless steel DE filter manufactured by Andrews Advantage probably original to the pool build about 21 years ago. No model or serial can be read off the unit. I am in need of a parts list or diagram. Specifically I am trying to determine what part number is the main o ring. Normally my parts match up with the pentair nautilus but not in this case. I have scoured the pool stores to find a match to no avail. Best I can tell the o ring is 3/8" thick x 18 5/16" inside diameter. Does anyone have experience with this filter and can shed any light?

Thanks for reading.

PS_ I did communicate with Pentair who seems to have bought AA and didn't get very far with them
    Thanks!

gbski

13,000 gal. IG 1994 pebbletec, 1.5 hp pump, 36 SF DE grid filter, Pool unscreened, The Pool Cleaner (suction), on well water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In need of obscure DE filter parts list: Andrews Advantage

Can you take the old o-ring out? If so take it down to a store and match it up. Lowes or autoparts should do the trick.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: In need of obscure DE filter parts list: Andrews Advantage

h.d. does not have 18" x 3x8" o rings. I have taken the o ring up to the pool stores and compared to everything they have in stock including nautilus plus. Even tried installing both of those and they don't fit.