Big Snow East Coast

Ah the beautiful part about living in Tucson - the snow is up in the mountains and I get to look at it...but it never comes for a visit ;)

Stay safe and warm friends!!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I live in northern VA and this will be the 2nd or 3rd big storm since we bought the house. One thing to be aware of is to have a way to identify where the pool starts incase the kids play in the yard. It gets difficult to tell at ground level when everything is covered in white snow.

here in The Queen City, people lose the ability to drive. 1.5 inches of the white death on our road means everyone must drive either 10 mph or 70 mph. Today the 10 mph'ers were out in full force when my 40 min commute took an hour and 50 min.

and forget trying to find milk, coffee, or bread. it's gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

Washington Post headline this morning from a dusting at rush hour yesterday: An inch of snow, icy roads, unleash 9 hours of traffic chaos across D.C. region.

This weekend we're in the 1-2' zone and it is going to be a mess!!

Kim, I did get paid, and I worked from home some, too.

Isn't this just the normal traffic conditions for DC.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
Hey, not entirely true. I lived there for about ten years. Five commuting into DC from Annapolis and five commuting in from Vienna (Northern, VA). Under normal conditions, or even normal snow conditions traffic can be heavy and slow, but it generally moves. This time it seems no one in the Regions Departments of Transportation seemed to look at the news to know a storm was coming. They failed to pre-treat the roads and that was all she wrote.

Funny, I put the wife on a plane to DC yesterday, but luckily she will only be walking while there. But, I do wonder if she will make it back tomorrow....

But, I think we have all moved off the question of snow on covers......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I live in northern VA and this will be the 2nd or 3rd big storm since we bought the house. One thing to be aware of is to have a way to identify where the pool starts incase the kids play in the yard. It gets difficult to tell at ground level when everything is covered in white snow.

That is an outstanding point!

Hope everyone is safe and warm!

:roll:

After the first snowfall of the year around here, everyone remembers how to drive in the stuff. The only thing that slows us down is the sub-zero temps sometimes this time of year. Snow? That just means the commute is more fun!

:handbrake: :donut: :backonline:

haha, this is a BIG DEAL in the mid-Atlantic, we love our snow, probably because it melts in a week or two. And we get off of work and school for days in a row! Also worth noting, this blizzard directly effects 30 million people, likely many more than live in Mn. ;-)

Nope, but the federal agencies are filled with highly educated and qualified people, for the record!

2" inches in Annapolis, above predictions! I should rename myself "snow nerd".

Friday My skating pond has a couple feet of ice in it.

Saturday

Our landscape lights are almost covered, they are 15" high. May get a few more inches. It was extremely windy last night, but we didn't lose power (for once!).

We are west of DC, so far 15 inches, they say it will continue today but I'm thinking the totals will be a lot less than predicted yesterday. It is amazing the hype. But we went out and bought comfort food and are wrapped up in blankets watching the snow drop out the windows. I will have to carve out a spot for my dog soon. Keeping an eye on my cover as well.

We were to be on the outskirts of the storm however I suspect it turned slightly as we were hit with a good bit more than expected. They were only calling for 1-2 inches however we're up to about 7-8 so far. Got the fire going and going to enjoy a movie day with the kiddo's and likely will get to play in the snow some today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.