Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jewelscapes, anyone?

1. Back To Top    #1

Jewelscapes, anyone?

Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of having my pool redone. I have pretty much decided to go with Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads mixed in. Recently, I have taken a shine to one of the Jewelscapes colors, and I'm thinking about upgrading.

I was just curious if anyone here has this finish and what your thoughts are about it. Also (and I'm not looking for a dollar amount), does anyone know the price difference between Stonescapes and Jewelscapes? I've read anywhere from 20% more to 3x more(!). I'm going to ask my PB about it next time I talk to him, but if it's 3x as much, I won't even waste any more time thinking about it. Thanks in advance for any info! If you're more comfortable PMing instead of replying here, that's good too.

Thanks!
    My renovation completed March 2016; 16 x 32 IG gunite play pool, ~14,000 gallons; Wet Edge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue; Pentair 5G Color LED Light w/controller; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP VSP; Hayward SwimClear C5030 cartridge filter; Hayward Swimpure Plus (Aqua Rite) salt chlorinator system with T-15 cell; Maytronics Dolphin Deluxe 4 DX4 robot cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jewelscapes, anyone?

I would not be surprised at that much increase, as glass beads are very expensive. Add some in for effect, but IMO they aren't worth a 3X increase.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I have seen one pool in person with Jewelscapes and it was incredible. Pricing is going to vary, but I'd say that 3x the pebble price is a decent starting point for an idea.

Several people on here have added glass to their Stonescapes with very good results. I'd consider that, as a few bags of glass will not break the bank and can likely give you some of the effect.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

4. Back To Top    #4

The jewelscape glass finish is a real eye popper up close; so spa seats, Baja shelfs and and steps really stand out over plain mini pebble, to be sure. In deeper waters, however, not so much of a difference over their stock mini pebble.

I had my PB omit the tri color mini pebbles that are in the Tropics Blue formula and instead, mix in a 20% ratio of the jewelscape glass mix (light blue, dark blue and clear glass beads) and was really happy how it turned out. Much more depth to the finish (in shallow depths) than the standard Tropics Blue mini pebble formula and didn't cost an arm and a leg as would have been the case with a true 100% jewelscape color finish.
    Pool: 13k gal. in-ground; Stonescape Mini Pebble - Tropics Blue; Connected Spa - dual spill-over; Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG; AquaLogic PS-4 Automation; Sta-Rite DE Filter; Sta-Rite Max-e-Therm 400k BTU pool heater; Intellifo 2-VST Pump; Stenner 45mp2(25psi/10gpd) acid injection; Bulbwizard color LED pool lights; Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel side suction cleaner; FAFCO rooftop solar. TF-100 w/ speed stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the replies! I think that's what I'm going to do is stick with my initial plan of Aqua Blue with glass beads added. Maybe do a double pigment too so I get a little deeper color. I'm willing to pay more, but not if it's going to be THAT much more. Thanks!
    My renovation completed March 2016; 16 x 32 IG gunite play pool, ~14,000 gallons; Wet Edge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue; Pentair 5G Color LED Light w/controller; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP VSP; Hayward SwimClear C5030 cartridge filter; Hayward Swimpure Plus (Aqua Rite) salt chlorinator system with T-15 cell; Maytronics Dolphin Deluxe 4 DX4 robot cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

That sounds like a solid plan!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic