Pool Lighting- How many LED lights?

May 12, 2015
Flower Mound
Hi! I have been lurking and reading this site for months. We are getting started with our new build and I need lighting help. Our pool is about 39 or 40 feet in length, and about 22.5 in the widest part. Right now we only have 1- 500 W Incandescent light. We are thinking about upgrading to the Pentair IntelliBrite 5g color-changing LED light.

My question: Do we need 2 of the Pentair IntelliBrites for our pool size and where should we put the lights. I will attempt to attach a picture so you can see where the 1 incandescent is placed right now. We are getting Stonescapes MiniPebble in Tropics Blue if that makes a difference.

Here's the link to the pool drawing. It's small sorry. claxton(JOY)VII.pdf - Google Drive

Btw, the decking looks bad in this drawing because we had to lose some due to an electrical line. We are reworking it.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to TFP!!!!

Your pool is big. Even the one light you have will probably not cut it especially on your step.

The first rule on lights is place lighting on the side wall of the pool so that it faces away from the main seating area. That way it does not glare into folks when they are drinking their mai tais and looking at your beautiful pool.

Second is more lights the better.

I would add a light between the skimmer and the swimout.

I would leave the existing light.

I would add two smaller lights like Pentair Glowbright on the step on the left.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.