Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Lighting- How many LED lights?

1. Back To Top    #1

Flower Mound

Pool Lighting- How many LED lights?

Hi! I have been lurking and reading this site for months. We are getting started with our new build and I need lighting help. Our pool is about 39 or 40 feet in length, and about 22.5 in the widest part. Right now we only have 1- 500 W Incandescent light. We are thinking about upgrading to the Pentair IntelliBrite 5g color-changing LED light.

My question: Do we need 2 of the Pentair IntelliBrites for our pool size and where should we put the lights. I will attempt to attach a picture so you can see where the 1 incandescent is placed right now. We are getting Stonescapes MiniPebble in Tropics Blue if that makes a difference.

Here's the link to the pool drawing. It's small sorry. claxton(JOY)VII.pdf - Google Drive

Btw, the decking looks bad in this drawing because we had to lose some due to an electrical line. We are reworking it.

Thanks for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Pool Lighting- How many LED lights?

Welcome to TFP!!!!

Your pool is big. Even the one light you have will probably not cut it especially on your step.

The first rule on lights is place lighting on the side wall of the pool so that it faces away from the main seating area. That way it does not glare into folks when they are drinking their mai tais and looking at your beautiful pool.

Second is more lights the better.

I would add a light between the skimmer and the swimout.

I would leave the existing light.

I would add two smaller lights like Pentair Glowbright on the step on the left.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

well this one is easy for me! LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Our pool is 16x40. We have 3 LED lights that are spaced evenly along one side. Works very nice. I suppose eventually I need to post some nighttime pics huh?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!