New to this, getting bids now south Louisiana

Deano

Jan 18, 2016
Hahnville/Louisiana
We are planning to build a sw in ground, lagoon shaped pool atapproximately 20k - 23k gallons. Our back patio has a courtyard with fireplaceand pergola. The look is old New Orleans with used brick. I have heard some talkthat suggest brick around the salt water would be a problem. Anyone with brick around sw? Any problems? I found a product that looks like used brick but is a new fired brick. All info and pictures are appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome!
please post pictures of your yard and existing FP and pergola. It will help us visualize where things are going and what you are referring to. Also pictures of your plan, equipment with model numbers and all specs. This way you can get get expert advice from those "who know".

IMG_0947.jpgIMG_1067.jpgThanks,Here are some pics of the existing courtyard. The arched opening in the brickhas water coming down from the top of the wall and trickling into the sugarkettle. I designed the everything myself and built the pergola. I had a masonrycontractor do the brick work. I want to carry this look to the pool and spa.the pool will be 8-10' off of the courtyard. It will be centered at the opening between the black pole support and the arched wall. The spa will be on the arched wall side. No particulars on the pool or drawing.Meeting with the contractor to view concept drawings this week.

Let me pause for a few and just enjoy the view!!!!!!!! WOW! THAT is so pretty! You do good work and have awesome ideas!

As for the brick I have seen several pools with brick or brink looking coping. Some have SW some do not. I think as long as you seal them every once in awhile you should be fine.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.