Ready to learn about my pool

If you have an Ollies, check them in May. You can get 12% for $2.99 a gallon. A lot of people say don't stock up but I buy around 40 gals in one run and keep it in my air conditioned dark basement. I buy it like that because it's a one time shipment n once it's gone, it's GONE!

I actually have a couple Ollies around me. Ill have to check that out, do you know what brand it is they sell that is 12%?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I got my TF-100 test kit in the mail so I'm good to go for testing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
https://www.youtube.com/user/tf100testkit?feature=results_main

Here is video or two of each of the test kits. If you do not understand or just want to make sure PLEASE ask any question you might have!

As for testing the water temp.............I guess you can go by air temps during the day. How about once the days start hitting 60 or above you open your pool? Better too soon than too late!

Kim

I'm in MD and for here 3rd week of April has worked for me to keep it from getting green. That is also about a month before most people open here. But that's because they want to open and swim within a week without understanding that their pools turned green in the weeks just before they opened and If they had opened earlier the water
would have been clear. They also don't really like taking care of their pools because they are not a Trouble Free.

I'm in MD and for here 3rd week of April has worked for me to keep it from getting green. That is also about a month before most people open here. But that's because they want to open and swim within a week without understanding that their pools turned green in the weeks just before they opened and If they had opened earlier the water
would have been clear. They also don't really like taking care of their pools because they are not a Trouble Free.

Thanks for the input, I was thinking around the same time.

You can use the poolmath calculator to help with that. Towards the bottom there is a place to insert pool dimensions for rectangle or circle pools. Once you have a ballpark estimate, your chemical additions will tell you if you are accurate by the amount you were short or "over-shot" your goal with a chemical addition.

Yes test your fill water. Run everything except CYA.

Post them like this:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH

I look forward to seeing what you have to deal with.

Kim

i finally got around to testing my well water.
The FC and CC tests were hard. First of all I didn't notice that the kit had a little blue scooper for the r0870 powder. So I'm pretty sure I used more powered than I needed but the directions said it didn't matter. After putting in a lot of powder, the water might have turned a faint pink. It was so hard to tell if it was pink or not. I started adding the r0871, once again I couldn't tell when it turned clear again because I wasn't sure if it was pink in the first place. If anything it had a tint of pink.
i think after 6 drops it went back to clear, I went all the way to 12 and didn't see a difference. So I'm guessing my FC is 3 ppm.
I added 3 drops of r0003 and it turned a hint of pink. I started adding r0871 again, went to 6 drops total. Didn't notice a difference after 4 drops so I'm guessing my CC is 2 ppm.

pH was also hard for me to read. I did the test and the water looked slightly darker than the 6.8 range and slightly lighter thank the 7.2 range. So I'm assuming my pH is somewhere in the 7.0 range?

TA is 90

CH is 125ppm

Sorry it took so long to get, thanks in advance for any help.

For the PH test I found that holding a white, plastic plate behind the tube and pulling the plate back and forth until I have a close match. I do this under a very bright light.

FC-you were testing your fill water? Chances are there is little to no FC so your test was correct.

I am going to post a link to videos of the tests. I hope they help. Let us know it this does not help and I have another idea if needed.

Taylor K2006 FAS-DPD FC combined chlorine) swimming pool water test - YouTube

Let me know how it goes this time.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.