The Final Straw - Tile/Plaster Expertise Appreciated

Our Aqua Blue Pebble sheen looked green for a couple of days. I would give it time and make sure you have all your chemicals balanced including having the CYA added and right FC level.

Thanks, Brian. I think we're still going to install the spa side remote, but outside the spa, because my husband is blind and he can control the spa himself with the remote but can't use the screenlogic.
Since you have screenlogic, I would just abandon the spa side remote all together. I know you already paid for the controller and have it installed, but working your spa water level around a device that your phone can easily and better replace is never a good idea..

So true about PB and OB experiences. There's no guarantee with either.
Sorry that you've had such a bad experience. Just because many people have bad experiences with pool builders, doesn't mean that they will have a good owner builder experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much, everyone, for your help and support! Well, I'm getting used to the fact that my water isn't exactly the blue I wanted and that the tile is a different blue than the water. I'm also learning to take it all in together rather than focus on any one thing (tile color vs. water color) and it seems to be helping. Another thing that helps is that the tile has colors of both blues and gold/tans in it and can look bluish/green (like the water) depending on the time of day. Anyway, my husband did say that if I wasn't happy with it then I could have it replastered, but I don't think that's the wisest thing to do. After the initial shock I'm coming to accept that, although it's not what I envisioned, it's not a disaster and the colors look better in person than in the pictures I posted originally. (FYI, the pool color does seem a little bluer today, but I know it will always have some green to it. Like all pools the water color is ever-changing based on the sun, surroundings, etc and so some days it will look greener and some days it will look bluer. I still prefer the bluer days. :))

- - - Updated - - -

It actually looked a little bluer today. :)
Have you noticed any change in the water color?

It looks like you still have a good amount of plaster dust in the pool. Once that is gone, I'd imagine the color changes yet again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think it looks good, it looks blue in the latest photos, I think the blue tile looks good with the color. Trust me I understand your concern, I have been talked off the cliff several times during our build, but it looks good, and I am really, really OCD!

What brand and color is your tile, I think our tile is exactly the same.

After looking at your recent photos I'm just wondering if they did an acid wash after they installed the finish and before you filled it. It looks like a more blue finish in some places in between other darker areas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.