Strange Aquarite Problem...

RASelkirk

Jul 11, 2015
Port Neches, TX
Hi All,

Just had a dead mainboard repaired by an E-Bay pool company. This board works perfectly in "super" mode, but not at all in "auto". All the start-up routines and LEDs function as expected, it just never pulls any amps even with the knob set to 100%. I usually it have it set to run 6 hrs @ 50% this time of year, and with those settings (or 100%), I can check the volts/amps 5 or 6x's throughout the run cycle and it's always in idle. Of course, after a few days, my 7-way strip test shows zero chlorine. At that point, I run it on "super" overnight and the strip shows 8-10 the next day. The salt shows 3100 and temp is 58°F...

Any ideas?

Russ

OK, got a response from Hayward. I knew the generator stops producing below 50°, but the tech stated the system runs at only 20% capacity while under 60°. Somehow, that info didn't make the manual. I'm guessing this means the unit will only produce 20% or less, depending on the knob setting. So, I'm gonna try a higher knob setting in hopes of getting 20%, with a longer runtime and see if I can maintain a level...

Russ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.