Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Strange Aquarite Problem...

1. Back To Top    #1

Strange Aquarite Problem...

Hi All,

Just had a dead mainboard repaired by an E-Bay pool company. This board works perfectly in "super" mode, but not at all in "auto". All the start-up routines and LEDs function as expected, it just never pulls any amps even with the knob set to 100%. I usually it have it set to run 6 hrs @ 50% this time of year, and with those settings (or 100%), I can check the volts/amps 5 or 6x's throughout the run cycle and it's always in idle. Of course, after a few days, my 7-way strip test shows zero chlorine. At that point, I run it on "super" overnight and the strip shows 8-10 the next day. The salt shows 3100 and temp is 58F...

Any ideas?

Russ
    15x30 18k gallon fiberglass "Lazy 8" inground pool, Aquarite 40k salt generator, 1 HP pump, Hayward DE filter, Barracuda G3 (side port) cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Strange Aquarite Problem...

OK, got a response from Hayward. I knew the generator stops producing below 50, but the tech stated the system runs at only 20% capacity while under 60. Somehow, that info didn't make the manual. I'm guessing this means the unit will only produce 20% or less, depending on the knob setting. So, I'm gonna try a higher knob setting in hopes of getting 20%, with a longer runtime and see if I can maintain a level...

Russ
    15x30 18k gallon fiberglass "Lazy 8" inground pool, Aquarite 40k salt generator, 1 HP pump, Hayward DE filter, Barracuda G3 (side port) cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Good to hear. SWG just don't function well in cold water.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

I tripped the timer dogs and let it run for 3 days and I'm finally seeing a couple ppms on my strip test, so all is good.

Russ