Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Colorsplash 3G Problem.

1. Back To Top    #1

Colorsplash 3G Problem.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone out there can offer me some insight into an issue I'm having. I just moved into a brand new home with a pool that has a Pentair Amerlite 100 watt Incandescent bulb in it. The bulb is marked 120v and I can't find any kind of transformer so I'm making the assumption that it's a 120v light (seems obvious to me, but I'm not an electrician). I purchased a Colorsplash 3G LED color bulb to replace the existing incandescent bulb. No issues actually getting the housing out of the water and opening it up, but after removing the incandescent bulb and screwing in the LED bulb, I turned the power back on, but the LED light will not light. At first I thought I had a bad bulb, so I screwed it into a normal house lamp and it worked perfectly. I put the incandescent bulb back in the light fixture and it worked. I'm stumped. What would make the LED not work in the pool light fixture but it does in a house lamp?

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!
    20,000 Gallon in-ground pool. Gunnite, Pentair pump and AquaCal heat pump Naples Fl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Colorsplash 3G Problem.

*** UPDATE ***

Chalk it up to User Error (i.e. Me). After finally hearing back from the pool builder he told me that my light was in fact a 12v system, so I simply had the wrong bulb.
    20,000 Gallon in-ground pool. Gunnite, Pentair pump and AquaCal heat pump Naples Fl

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Colorsplash 3G Problem.

Makes sense.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.