Stenner Aquashield Grease?

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I noticed a post that mentioned Stenner Aquashield Grease. I recently bought a stenner (fixed displacement pump) setup and will be installing it soon. I noticed the only place the fixed pump needs Aquashield is on the shaft tip that centers on the end cover. I didn't order any grease, as I didn't realize it was needed at the time...I still have a while before I would need it, but looking at it got me wondering- is it just white lithium grease packaged under the Aquashield name?

I don't think that it's exactly the same. I would use the products as specified by the company to make sure that they are suitable. Perhaps you could contact the company to check what products are acceptable alternatives.

AquaShield is also sold as AquaLube for pool use. I don't like it for orings. It's a goopy, sticky blue green grease. It works for gears ok.

It does contain lithium and mineral oils. However, its appearance and feel is quite different from white lithium grease.

Here is a link to a company that sells it, with a brief description. +1 on the goopy, sticky part. Very hard to wash off your fingers.

http://www.thebuyingnetwork.com/AquaShield-grease-formally-Aqua-Lube-Grease-p/aqua-shield-grease.htm?1=1&CartID=0

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed a post that mentioned Stenner Aquashield Grease. I recently bought a stenner (fixed displacement pump) setup and will be installing it soon. I noticed the only place the fixed pump needs Aquashield is on the shaft tip that centers on the end cover. I didn't order any grease, as I didn't realize it was needed at the time...I still have a while before I would need it, but looking at it got me wondering- is it just white lithium grease packaged under the Aquashield name?

It is all over the gears inside the Stenner gearbox.

Thanks. This is helpful information. If/when I need to lubricate gears, I would definitely get the Aquashield. Since the fixed pumps only call for it in one place (that I can find), and it's not on the gears, I wanted to see if I could get away with an alternative...the Aquashield msds seems to have unique ingredients though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.