Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Aquashield Grease?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Aquashield Grease?

I noticed a post that mentioned Stenner Aquashield Grease. I recently bought a stenner (fixed displacement pump) setup and will be installing it soon. I noticed the only place the fixed pump needs Aquashield is on the shaft tip that centers on the end cover. I didn't order any grease, as I didn't realize it was needed at the time...I still have a while before I would need it, but looking at it got me wondering- is it just white lithium grease packaged under the Aquashield name?
    20000 gallon vinyl liner in ground pool
    16' X 34' rectangular diving pool
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter
    Hayward 1 hp Super Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Stenner 45MPHP10

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Aquashield Grease?

JamesW will know the correct answer to this. Can't say for sure...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't think that it's exactly the same. I would use the products as specified by the company to make sure that they are suitable. Perhaps you could contact the company to check what products are acceptable alternatives.

AquaShield is also sold as AquaLube for pool use. I don't like it for orings. It's a goopy, sticky blue green grease. It works for gears ok.

It does contain lithium and mineral oils. However, its appearance and feel is quite different from white lithium grease.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is a link to a company that sells it, with a brief description. +1 on the goopy, sticky part. Very hard to wash off your fingers.

http://www.thebuyingnetwork.com/Aqua...m?1=1&CartID=0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 440dodge440 View Post
    I noticed a post that mentioned Stenner Aquashield Grease. I recently bought a stenner (fixed displacement pump) setup and will be installing it soon. I noticed the only place the fixed pump needs Aquashield is on the shaft tip that centers on the end cover. I didn't order any grease, as I didn't realize it was needed at the time...I still have a while before I would need it, but looking at it got me wondering- is it just white lithium grease packaged under the Aquashield name?
    It is all over the gears inside the Stenner gearbox.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. This is helpful information. If/when I need to lubricate gears, I would definitely get the Aquashield. Since the fixed pumps only call for it in one place (that I can find), and it's not on the gears, I wanted to see if I could get away with an alternative...the Aquashield msds seems to have unique ingredients though.
    20000 gallon vinyl liner in ground pool
    16' X 34' rectangular diving pool
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter
    Hayward 1 hp Super Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Stenner 45MPHP10