Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

What a fun thread!

I'm a late in life new nurse (3 years now) and Nini was one of the shortened versions of Denise (along with Niecie, Nee, etc) that I have been called. Nini is also now my "aunt name (Aunt Nini) and my grandma name (Nini instead of Nana), easy for the kids to say and I feel too young to be called grandma. I use this as a user name for several different things.

Yes!!!! Too young to be called Grandma!!!
Thanks Marian!

I'm a critical care RN in a medical ICU for a large hospital in Tulsa.
Oohhh what's GomerBlog? Guess I'll have to search... What's your area of nursing, Yippy?

When my kids got married (3 months apart), I was 43. Told them both they were not allowed to make me a g'ma until I was 45. First 2 babies came along when I was 45. Turned 50 this year and we now have 5 blessings!

It wasn't until I moved south that I knew anything about people being called something other than grandma or grandpa. I love it! Nana, Memaw, papa, papaw, Mimi....love it!

My handle has a double meaning - it comes from a verse in the Bible and, when my kids are splashing around in the pool on a lazy summer afternoon, there is no noise more joyful to hear than three little boys running about and having fun. They'll soon have a little sister to keep them in line ;)

This is one of my favorite pictures of my now 3-1/2 year old as he launches himself into the deep end from the rock waterfall -

0742CD17-A1D0-4F63-A17B-17503EE14AA2_zps5jfempjm.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

What a GREAT picture!
I just knew your name was a Biblical reference. I'm all about "making a joyful noise". In fact, one of the meanings of my name is Worshiper and I used to be part of the church worship team.

Congratulations on the pending arrival of your little princess!!

My handle is not associated with what you might think. All my closest friends have called me Divin Dave for years now. About all I can divulge, is it had something to do with drinking entirely too many tequila shots (i have sworn off those for life). I can tell ya this though. I earned my nick name the hard way.

I know this one - Dave has problem staying seated in perfectly good airplanes. I mean, we all know airplane service has gotten pretty bad over the years, but seriously Dave, that's no reason to leave the plane at 15,000ft ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I know this one - Dave has problem staying seated in perfectly good airplanes. I mean, we all know airplane service has gotten pretty bad over the years, but seriously Dave, that's no reason to leave the plane at 15,000ft ;)

Yes, I also remember Dave saying he like to exit the plane before they turn off the 'fasten your seat beat ' signs. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not terribly creative, Z E A are the first initials of my sons' names, 3 because there are 3 of them! And I like the way it sounds! I'm also Zea3 in a lot of other places online, but I'm not as active as I used to be.

About 20 years ago while living in Las Vegas I worked at a Frito Lay warehouse as a shift manager. At the time I was a tall lanky stick figure who was into bull riding and old time country music which didn't fit in my coworkers. At first those whom I worked with joked about my "style", however after winning a bet I gained some respect. Everybody quickly decided my name "Lee" just wasn't cool enough and needed to be changed. All agreed upon Leebo (except myself) and it stuck.

Ale: I love your name and craft beer too. Lots of it, btw!

- - - Updated - - -

Zea3: That is so sweet!!! What is the Z name (If it's appropriate to ask... Z is just an unusual name starter...)!

I love good beer too. I tend to focus more on the making than the drinking though. It's a shame that beer without calories doesn't exist. I know it sounds nerdy, but I'm kind of obsessed with water, whether it be my job, turning water into beer, or having the best pool on the block (thanks to this forum).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.