Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

Haha, this is a fun thread. My wife is a true blue Aussie and I'm a canuck. We've lived in both Sydney and BC, Canada (mostly Vancouver) for the last 20 years, so we've done the 14-hour grind across the Pacific more times than we can count, plus a fair number of trips for our kids. While one could never complain about such a first-world problem, a Gulfstream V would certainly be a nice way to travel :).

Plus... wantsajet just didn't sound as good as needsajet, haha

Haha, this is a fun thread. My wife is a true blue Aussie and I'm a canuck. We've lived in both Sydney and BC, Canada (mostly Vancouver) for the last 20 years, so we've done the 14-hour grind across the Pacific more times than we can count, plus a fair number of trips for our kids. While one could never complain about such a first-world problem, a Gulfstream V would certainly be a nice way to travel :).

Plus... wantsajet just didn't sound as good as needsajet, haha

Hello from a fellow Canuck! I grew up in North Vancouver and my parents and two brothers are still there. We get to go back every several years, but it's via car instead of plane nowadays, since flying our crew is so much $$$. I think it's a 36 hour drive. I guess we need a jet too! (Cool name, btw!) :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doesn't everyone need a pool and a jet? Just sayin ...

I'd rather have my pool IN my jet. That way I can see the world and relax in my giant green dinosaur floaty with integrated beer holder :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

That is one very long drive. I remember it from a long time ago, when I learned how big Texas truly is! A friend and I were on our way back from Mexico. A beautiful road trip once we got out of west Texas!

Nice to meet a fellow Canuck. Hope you haven't told anyone the secret handshake. :)

Lower pressure increases carbon dioxide offgassing which increases ph rise.

Also, a pool on a plane should be on a set of gimbals and stabilized with a gyroscope to avoid sloshing during takeoff and landing. That's how they do it on air force one.

[Edit] That's how they used to do it. The newest model uses a gravity compensator that curves time to create a modified gravity field that compensates for acceleration on any axis. [End edit].

Last name is Rodemeyer.. So "To Rodemeyer" = "2rodee" (my nickname) OR "I am Rodemeyer" = "imrodee" Just a short cut is all.

Lower pressure increases carbon dioxide offgassing which increases ph rise.

Also, a pool on a plane should be on a set of gimbals and stabilized with a gyroscope to avoid sloshing during takeoff and landing. That's how they do it on air force one.

[Edit] That's how they used to do it. The newest model uses a gravity compensator that curves time to create a modified gravity field that compensates for acceleration on any axis. [End edit].

Sweet!

My handle is a tad obvious, I'm afraid, and it was how I felt when i found this forum during the acquisition of a foreclosure complete with a cacophony of pond life in the black pool of death ;). I've long thought I should change it now that I'm swamp-free, but that was voted down in a thread a while back ;)

I suppose sticking with the handle gives me street cred in TFP ...<I> I turned my black goo blue and you can too <i> type of thing ;)

Presently, I'm a co-owner of a small digital/web dev co., so forums are a bus-man's holiday for me (I am digitally inundated with client communications), but I try to give a little back when I can find the time at this forum because it is exemplary in empowering consumers to become more aware of water quality issues.

In the old days, I was a journalist and covered, at different times, environmental and health beats with investigative depth on some occasions. So some elements of TFP were quasi-familiar to me or resonated. But what really moved me to care about this stuff was a sad story I covered a few decades ago about an elderly couple contracting fatal legionnaires disease from their son's improperly maintained hot tub. Lotsa heartbreak that could have been avoided with a test kit, cursory awareness, and a splash of chlorine. So when I became a pool-owner, it was important to me to get the water quality right. I am eternally grateful for this resource that has made it so easy ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.