Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

1. Back To Top    #1

Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

Names are fun! How did you choose your TFP handle?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

Pool, well you know dv are my initials
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Chiefwej,
    Fire Chief (retired now) Wm. E Johnson initials - wej.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Kindergarten teacher so alteration is big in my life as are misspelled words LOL so Kim (first name) kats as I have cats.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

It's the name of our boat.
    Water Accelerated Speeding Projectile
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

Marla (my first name) and where i live - Houston TX. I'm not very creative when it comes to user names!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #7

Back in 1999 I joined my first Auto Enthusiast forum- I was then in the process of Buying a 2000 F150 in Silver. That and i have no imagination.
    I later moderated that forum, then acquired a couple other Ford related Forums
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, It has 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter, 3 fiberstars lights pods. TF-100 test kit. The in pool light works but color wheel is lazy. Plaster needs redone. And an Aquapure chlorine generator, and access via iAqualink - Lots to learn.

8. Back To Top    #8

You guys think you have no imagination? My last name is Donaldson, I just removed the A. Not unimagitive enough? How about the fact that my dad created it for our first email account and I ended up stealing it from him. I am bad at names, both making them and remembering them.

Of course, I just created an account to read the forum. I just wanted a clean pool, I didn't think I was going to become an active member.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Names are fun! How did you choose your TFP handle?
    The first forum I joined many moons ago was a Saturn owners forum (I owned a 94 at the time).

So, how did you get yours?
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

10. Back To Top    #10

Otter has been a nickname since I was in my teens and there was a song named "Jenny" which featured the phone number 867.5309. When I got my first email account years ago, the "09" (10 character maximum) wouldn't fit so I shortened it and this has been a username for years.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

11. Back To Top    #11

Piper Mike
    I play the bagpipes and this is my name on two bagpipe forums. I figured it's easier to remember if I always keep the same name. Also my first name is Mike. With so many different things to remember I just made it a bit easier for me. This is a fun thread
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

12. Back To Top    #12

Sm are my first 2 initials and forte is my Italian last name but I'm a southern girl....
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

13. Back To Top    #13

I am a librarian.... And I always wanted to be a Madam... Haha!!!

(Marian Paroo -Madam Librarian- is the name of the librarian in Music Man in case you didn't know).

14. Back To Top    #14

I am a librarian.... And I always wanted to be a Madam... Haha!!!

(Marian Paroo -Madam Librarian- is the name of the librarian in Music Man in case you didn't know).

Ah, I should have guessed.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Piper Mike View Post
    Piper Mike
    I play the bagpipes and this is my name on two bagpipe forums. I figured it's easier to remember if I always keep the same name. Also my first name is Mike. With so many different things to remember I just made it a bit easier for me. This is a fun thread
    OH I LOVE the bagpipes! Do you have any ytubes? We have a local band named Krooked Kilts that play rock and roll with bagpipes!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

I am a librarian....
    I always wanted to be a librarian. Should have stuck with that instead of nursing.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

17. Back To Top    #17

My handle is not associated with what you might think. All my closest friends have called me Divin Dave for years now. About all I can divulge, is it had something to do with drinking entirely too many tequila shots (i have sworn off those for life). I can tell ya this though. I earned my nick name the hard way.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

18. Back To Top    #18

That's too funny! I think we get the picture!

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Skippy/Skipper was my husband's childhood nick-name, and when our pool build was finally finished and we looked at it and I said "Well Yippee Skippy!".

Skippy and I both discuss posts here on the forum, but I tend to type better so I do most of the answering

Yippee
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter

20. Back To Top    #20

I was hoping you would post! I always wondered!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast