Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
The filter has been leaking a little since I bought the house
this week I opened the filter and cleaned it and closed it - still leaks

the oring was no longer round - when I lubed it up the leak reduced a little but it still weeps
ive ordered replacement oring and replacement stainless retaining ring
i hope that both will fix leak issues

In addition to lubing the O-ring make sure that there is no dirt or debris in the channels both on the lid and the body of the filter where the O-ring seats. Be sure to tap the clamp with a rubber mallet as you tighten it to help seat the O-ring. Don't beat the snot out of the clamp with the mallet, just some firm blows all the way around the clamp several times as you are tightening it.

as stated in OP using lube
Previous owner left leslies pool lube
thats what I used
The seat and the oring were clean
The new oring is here
waiting on the stainless backing ring to arrive and ill try again
Need to buy a mallet
second time today it came up

Well today warmed up and I installed the new stainless retaining ring,SKU: R0405200 and oring
the previous suggestions of the rubber mallet seemed pointless because before the ring the clamp tightened down easy and the halves met easily
after installing the retaining ring, which is better described as a structure ring since all it does is keep the composite parts round. (It just slides down into the lower half of the filter with some gentle taps.)
The hammer suggestion makes sense when all the parts are there.

with the new ring and new oring, I had to lube the clamp, lube the bolt and generously tap the clamp to get it to tighten.
since it ran with no retaining ring for so long I didn't tighten the clamp all the way to 1/16". There is still 1/2 inch gap, but the clamp was straining and I didn't want to break anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.