Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy cl460 questions, findings, progress

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy cl460 questions, findings, progress

My pool has an older cl460 filter, I never saw the gauge go much off zero, once in a while I would see 2 lbs, even when priming. I've replaced the filter gauge and it now shows about 12 -14 ish lbs when at priming speed. At 1800 rpm it shows about3 or 4 lbs.
    At 2500 rpm it goes to about 10 lbs

which I think is normal -I cleaned the 4 filter cartridges this week.

What do you think
    is the low pressure normal at low rpm ?

im still working out what rpm I need to run for how many hours to get a couple water changes per day

thanks in advance
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy cl460 questions, findings, progress

Silver,

I have a similar set up to yours and I get about the same readings. At 1200 RPM I get about 2 or 3 PSI and at 1700 I get about 4 PSI.

Sounds about right to me. I run at 1200 RPM most of the time in the winter, and at 1400 RPM in the summer to ensure I close the flow switch on my SWG. I don't worry about water changes per day.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Jim
    Thanks for reply
    You run at 1400 rpm 24x7 or on a schedule ?
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Pump run time will vary due to all the differences from one pool and equipment setup to another. Doing calculated "turns" of the pool water usually isn't necessary. Someone with a similar setup can give you an idea or how much run time but it comes down to what works for you. Here is an article on it - - > Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ?° too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Silver,

I do run 24x7, I like that I don't have to keep "starting" the pump over and over. Just me, I have no evidence that this is better on the pump or not... It also makes EasyTouch programming easier for me. I program for 24x7 at 1400 RPM and then a couple of times a day I increase the speed to 1800 RPM, to help with skimmer action, although, after one season, I'm not sure that is needed at all. I just schedule a feature circuit on for an hour at 1800 and the pump will run at the highest speed, when the hour is up the pump just drops back to 1400.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.