Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool renovation

1. Back To Top    #1

Wayne New Jersey

pool renovation

I will be doing a pool reno this spring I have a contract to have the tile and plaster work done . Right now I will be using Hydrazzo for the finish (Gulfstream Blue) . What is the difference between Hydrazzo and Durazzo.
    I'm looking for a smooth durable finish. My original plaster did not last as long as I would have liked it to partly due to my fault for not maintaining proper chemistry during the winters months . I also have a solid cover which
    I'm thinking of changing to a mesh or partial mesh sold is to heavy. Does a solid cover have any effect on the finish of the pool? I'm thinking heat build up during early May and Sept while its still covered . I do my closing and
    openings with my family it will make it lighter therefore easier. Sorry for the long rant on my first post. Thanks in advance for any help .
    45,000 gal gunite
    with spa

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: pool renovation

HI! I am glad to see you found us! Your plaster will last a LOT longer this time since you found TFP.

The first thing you need to do is get a GOOD test kit. Look in my siggy for the one we use and love.

I can't help with your questions about difference in the finishes or covers but I can help with water balance and helping you spend your money! LOL

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!