Dell Ozonator 20k Gal
    Nature 2 Express

Flagstone coping with pebble finish interior

IMAG0140.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just broke ground today another Dallas/FtWorth Area Pool

depths of the pool are 3.5 5 4.

on the back wall i will have three scuppers each valved so i can adjust to my liking.

The spa will have trickly down spillway.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like it's going to be great! You're off to a good start, and you've got a nice window of dry weather to work in too. Hopefully the rain will stay away through gunite for you.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

5. Back To Top    #5

I love the shape!

What state do you live in? That info is very helpful.

Do you know what colors you will be using?

We would be glad to help you pick them out if you have not already done so.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome! Love to see new pool threads... keep those pics coming!

Are you *sold* on that ozonator? They aren't actually all that useful in outdoor pools (because the UV from the sun both works better and is free!) and you might be able to save the cost of it and splurge on something else? Maybe a robot or something??
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

You will also want to ditch the Nature 2 system. It will add metals to the water which is to prevent algae, but chlorine does the same thing. Metals can stain your pool and I THINK can turn hair green. Plus, from what I remember, the cartridges are expensive. So if you ditch ozone and Nature 2, you might save enough to add something extra to your pool!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

8. Back To Top    #8

interesting so its better to ditch the ozone and nature 2 setup.

i am going with the mini stonescapes in tahoe blue matched up to a borba turqoise tile.

9. Back To Top    #9

plubming is almost complete as well with the installation of the equipment pad and pressure test. Waiting on the inspection from the city now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure if this worked but i attached the plumbing runs

- - - Updated - - -

Also i was wondering about soil injection. Does anyone use that as a service provided to prevent issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by TT300ZRCR View Post

Also i was wondering about soil injection. Does anyone use that as a service provided to prevent issues.
    In talking to the concrete guy I will probably use, he offers soil injection and said it's a good idea. But I won't be doing it because we don't have the extra money for that. I was told $2.50/sq ft, I think.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

11. Back To Top    #11

What is going on with the power lines leading to your pool?

And your brick fence looks great!!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

12. Back To Top    #12

power hasnt been run yet.

the soil injections was addon negoiated in the price but not sure if it would be needed everyone in my area never got it done and seems to hold up fine.

13. Back To Top    #13

But what happens to the poles heading right to your house?
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

14. Back To Top    #14

Helen, I'm guessing his power is run overhead so the poles will stay.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see the sample of your tile next to the stonescapes. Do you have pics?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

15. Back To Top    #15

I know in my neck of the woods in Texas you absolutely cannot build a pool under power lines. We had to pass on several homes when we were looking because of this issue and trying to build a pool.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

16. Back To Top    #16

Flippy, in Houston you have to be a certain number of feet away - I think it's a 22' diagonal easement from the water line to the power line.
    Marla

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Flippy, in Houston you have to be a certain number of feet away - I think it's a 22' diagonal easement from the water line to the power line.
    These were homes in Katy when we were looking. We ended up buying a house already with a pool in Richmond.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

18. Back To Top    #18

those poles are 15 ft from the brick line. they dont connect to anything on my property we have underground power feeding from the front of the house.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by TT300ZRCR View Post

the soil injections was addon negoiated in the price but not sure if it would be needed everyone in my area never got it done and seems to hold up fine.
    What is soil injection?
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

20. Back To Top    #20

from what i am told it is injection process into the soil to stabalize the ground and help prevent cracking this builder i am using has seen great results in my soil area. He has been building since the 1986

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast