Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your plans for your pool next season.

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Your plans for your pool next season.

Winter has finally made an appearance here in PA. Yesterday was so nice out I was wandering around the yard dreaming about what I want to do to finish our pool area. Our deck was completed in August, so that left little time (or money) for the finishing touches. Here is where we ended:

We had put caps and solar lights on the posts after I took this picture.
    We need to run an electric line, stain the deck, construct a sidewalk, likely from pavers, and we'd like to get a gazebo that will sit nearby, where our old pool was located. I also want to shorten the posts and install two copper lights I had bought.
    Home Decorators Collection Essen 1-Light Antique Copper Outdoor Wall Lantern-HBWI9002S86A - The Home Depot
    I plan to put rope lights under the railings. I had the forethought to buy the clips during the Christmas season.
    Maybe, if the budget allows, I would like to make a paver patio to the right of the steps and put a fire pit, etc.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Your plans for your pool next season.

one of my favorite pastimes...dreaming up ideas for the pool!

This is not my pool but this is a similar plan for spring. new deck 26' x 28' attached to the house out to the pool then walkway all around.

d79dd805-5af6-407a-bffb-d24c1a346289.jpg

followed by a little wishing for these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A24Y2PW1QCXD8P

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Monteg...9ABJHF6BFPXJGQ

http://www.amazon.com/Keter-All-weat...=wicker+chaise
    Attached Images Attached Images
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

My husband was never a big pool person. But after we got a bigger pool, he likes it. He proclaimed we were going to have more pool parties this summer. I was surprised he was even thinking about it. He is more of a car guy.

Where all of his extra money is going:

4. Back To Top    #4

hubba, hubba! Those are such neat cars! Does he show them? Fix them up to sell? I LOVE cars!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

My car knowledge is almost nil but that looks shiny, sassy, and pricey. I like it!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

It will mostlY be a show car, but he wants to try it on the dragstrip, too. Should be done by early summer. He's done a little at a time. Though, because he started it 4 or 5 years ago, he's already changed the wheels and seats, lol.
    The car in the back belongs to his step-sister's husband, who also happens to be his best friend. It's called The Spunky Monkey, and apparently it was the first fiberglass bodied drag car. To bad the engine blew the second time he took it down the strip. Sounds expensive to fix. It's got a blower and everything!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

My pool plan for the upcoming season is to have one! LOL!

Love the deck ideas and the cars are very cool! My hubby would love them.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

8. Back To Top    #8

I will be leveling out the yard for my new Intex 26 ft ultra frame. Then of course putting the pool up. I'd like to then build some kind of deck around it. I can't wait.
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Piper Mike View Post
    I will be leveling out the yard for my new Intex 26 ft ultra frame. Then of course putting the pool up. I'd like to then build some kind of deck around it. I can't wait.
    I was amazed at how large the 26' Intex is when you are in it! I was nervous about getting one that big, our old one was 18'. The link to my build/set up is in my signature.

10. Back To Top    #10

If I were smart, Need to start stocking up on Metal Magic for yet another AA treatment as soon as cover comes off. Also gotta stain new deck and patio. So many dreams, so little money!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

11. Back To Top    #11

We are having our metal furniture sandblasted and powder coated as we speak. 12 pieces in all so we'll be looking good come spring!
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Winter arrived full force! A view of the pool from my living room window.
    Our old pool was in the area in front of the fence and trees. The big tree you can just see in the upper right corner provided too much shade and many line needles. Water was much warmer in the new spot. The sidewalk will go from the steps of the pool deck to between the fence opening, to the old pool area, where, hopefully, there will be a pavilion or gazebo.

13. Back To Top    #13

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I would say winter is there! I love that shot!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks PAGirl
    I look forward to reading about your build. My wife is also concerned that it will be too big. For the last two seasons we have had an 18' as well. It sure looks cold by you. It is expected to be in the 60's on Thursday in Oklahoma. We are originally from Wisconsin which makes me all the more happy for the nice weather
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

15. Back To Top    #15

November was still nice around here..so we moved up one of our spring poolside projects and went ahead and replaced and re did the little pavered area by the pool. The house came with it,,but with the years.. the ants destroyed it and it was a big uneven mess.. so we got rid of the old pavers and got ones we loved.. The only thing I am thinking of buying this year for the pool.. is getting solar rings. I am tired of fighting with the solar blanket and all the birds that come poop on it..so I am constantly cleaning it as well.. An outdoor kitchen seems to be what we have our sights on this year.. we decided to push back the hot tub idea.. During these colds months I mostly scour the internet for awesome pool pictures and ideas!
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    hubba, hubba! Those are such neat cars! Does he show them? Fix them up to sell? I LOVE cars!

Kim
    Kim, you need to start a "pool and cars " pic thread. Two of my many passions, thanks to a very accommodating wife.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

17. Back To Top    #17

We need to landscape the far corner other side of our pool. I may do it if I can get woodyP to come help me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

18. Back To Top    #18

I will be building a small 6' x 6' deck for the pool.
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

19. Back To Top    #19

I'll be pressure washing and staining my backyard cedar fence...it has plenty of years left but looks ugly and gray right now.

Also re-painting the pool deck (concrete) the epoxy paint the previous owner applied worked well but time for a new coating.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    I'll be pressure washing and staining my backyard cedar fence...it has plenty of years left but looks ugly and gray right now.

Also re-painting the pool deck (concrete) the epoxy paint the previous owner applied worked well but time for a new coating.

I pressure washed our deck that's attached to the house last summer. I was surprised how much of a difference it made. The wood was dark with age and mossy type stuff. It almost looked brand new when I was done! I was a bit OCD about getting it done correctly, but then our friend need their pressure washer back, so there are a few missed spots underneath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast