New first time Spa owner hoping to gain some knowledge on water treatment and care.

Congrats on the BullFrog!! We're here to help with any question you might have. TFP has lots of hot tub owners and the advice from them is top-notch!!

Do yourself a favor and buy some Ahh-Some Jetted Hot Tub cleaner. Even though the spa stores will tell you your new spa is good to go, you should always do a good clean/flush on a new spa. Ahh-some is one of the best products out there on the market for spa cleaning and it comes highly recommended on this forum as well as on other spa forums.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Matt

Congrats on the BullFrog!! We're here to help with any question you might have. TFP has lots of hot tub owners and the advice from them is top-notch!!

Do yourself a favor and buy some Ahh-Some Jetted Hot Tub cleaner. Even though the spa stores will tell you your new spa is good to go, you should always do a good clean/flush on a new spa. Ahh-some is one of the best products out there on the market for spa cleaning and it comes highly recommended on this forum as well as on other spa forums.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Matt

Matt My tub was a wet floor model and I plan on doing the Ahh-Some stuff come spring time. I haven't even filled/used the tub yet and all ready had to clean the scale/scum line off (delivered with a scum/scale on shell) with Spaguard Offthewall stuff. Electric gets hooked up Tuesday:D than its time to make some balanced water.
Had 3 water test done. My well water is <10 CH and <20TA and 6.3-6.6 ph.

Wow, that is some soft water. It will be easy to raise your TA to 50. Also, raise your CH to 100 or so to prevent foaming.

More here on chemicals, what they do and how to use them, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

And print this and read it 20 or 30 times. :)
How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Pooldv these low TA levels that I read about on forums bothers me a little because all the spa manufactures and pool chemical company's say 125-150 TA and 100-200 CH for a spa.:confused: I'm sure I'll get it figured out overtime.

This site has been very helpful with basic pool chemistry.

I understand your concern about the conflict between TFPC and pool store numbers. Pool stores are stuck in the stone age and their numbers are based on old and misunderstood science. TFPC recommendations are firmly based in science and results. The two styles cannot be mixed, it is either TFPC or pool store. Most pool stores will also tell you not to add bleach to your pool/tub even though it is chemically identical to the liquid chlorine that they sell, the only difference is bleach is 7-8% chlorine and the liquid chlorine is usually 10%.

I was nervous too at first. But, 3-1/2 years with my pool and 2+ years with my hot tub have long ago proven that TFPC works great and is superior to pool stores in all ways.