Newbie Asks: What's this white nut on the spa deck and why isn't one jet aerating?

Jan 10, 2016
NH
Hello,

Thanks for letting me join the forum. I am a total novice at spa's and purchased a home with a very old SPA (K2 brand and suspect it's 20+ years old.) I just filled it and started the pump after priming it and it seems to be working. And the heater is working too, so that's a good thing.

1st question: on the deck of the spa there is a small white pvc item probably 1" round in diameter with a top that unscrews (like a 1/8" square nut top) and it appears to have a tube running down towards the side of the tub. I unscrewed it a bit, but didn't want to pull it out. What is this? and what's it's purpose?

2nd question:
I have 5 jets (yes, this is an old spa) and two air adjustments with one controlling 3 jets and the other controlling 2 jets. The set with 3 nozzles works well. Bubbles when I turn it open, stops when I close it.

With the second set though, one jet aerates normally and the other doesn't. Water is flowing through the nozzle but not aerating. So I tried to screw/unscrew the inside nozzle with my hand and determined that I could turn the nozzles off and back on. They were very stuck to begin with but are easier now.

After screwing and unscrewing the nozzle with my hand (this is the inside nozzle to open and close it I think - I wasn't really unscrewing the whole nozzle head off) the one which was originally aerated stopped and now I have water flowing back up through the air vent. Oy!

Again, total newbie. I decided I'd better ask for help before I screwed it up even more.

So....Help!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

So the white nut/clear tube goes back to the pump controller electronics box. ?

And somehow I seemed to have flooded the air vent leg with water coming out the vent. I need a schematic to understand what's going on and how to fix.

Mike

Any ideas on the flooded air vent problem? I just pumped the water out using a shopvac pushing air into the vent and got it to blow the air out the jets. But when I stopped, it seemed to just fill back in and come out the vent again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.