addition order for restart after water replacement for CYA reduction

Is there a particular order that chemicals should be added in when restarting after pumping down 35% of the water to reduce CYA?:p
Not really. If the pool was balanced before you replaced the water it will probably be "fairly" balanced still. FC & CH will go down. Depending on the fill water pH & TA may go either way.

I would probably do it in this order, but others will have their opinions (which may be better than mine).

FC
pH
CH

I generally don't chase a TA "perfect" number, so I'd probably not worry about that for a few days.

My target is 45 - 50. When I bought my house 2 years ago it was 160. So I did two major drains last year to get it to 55 or so. We are snowbirds so the pool is maintained by the pool guy who generally runs the CL injector. so after 6 months away it was back to 80 or so. Its going to be cool for a couple days, so I'm doing the drain now so as soon as it gets refilled I can turn on the solar heater and get the water up from 72 deg. now to around 84 or so which is usable for us. Anyway. Its half way down. Then we refill into tomorrow and start to restore chemistry.

thats the story.........I target a little less than 50 because it will go back up over the summer, when I'm not here.

Well, pumped down around 38% or 3600 gallons and refilled. Can't wait for my water bill.....

results CL <.5, pH stll around 8, CH 225, TA 90 (expected it to drop)..., and CYA is now around 45, which is about on target.
calculated adds with pool math

added CL, Acid, and CaCl2. so will let it stir for a while and test again later today.

but all in all, a successful partial drain....unfortunately the solenoid valve in my solar heater hasn't cycled so its pretty cold.
Hope they can come today and check that out..........I need to get some heat in there.

Well, you know you need acid and chlorine.

Changes in TA may or may not happen depending on the fill water.

Treat your pool as if the CYA is 50. There is no 45 on the CYA scale and as it is a non linear scale, half way between 40 - 50 is not 45, so just round up for determining your FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.