New pool owner

moreira85

Nov 8, 2015
Boston, MA
I have to update my signature but we have a new inground pool we had put in this past fall. I have a swg but have not installed it yet. I bought the test kit you folks recommended. My question is what chemicals do I need to buY to make adjustments to the water chemistry when the nice weather rolls in?
For example baking soda, ph up, ph down, what do I buy to adjust ph, calcium, etc?
Is there a list of things I should buy for balancing? Is there a place online I can get it all?

Your first step should be to determine what and how much you need. If you don't test first, you will waste a lot of money.

So break out that test kit and tun the tests and post the results up here......that's the first step.

Cool, will do. I assume get it balanced then install the swg? The skimmers still have the liner over them, they have to cut out the liner around it when they open the pool. Can I install the cell and flow switch but not hook it up to the chlorinator box before they open it up since there's no water in the plumbing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.