Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Owner builder ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Owner builder ?

New to this sight and am not sure where to go to ask ? On building a pool. We hired a consultant to designer and have engineered. We are not happy with how this started as we over paid by a lot on these 2 parts of the pool. We were promised a lot more then we got so we are looking for advice. Is there a way to get a list of subcontractors in Las Vegas beisdeds the Internet? Does someone have a list on here?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Owner builder ?

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, there are quite a few owner builds here. Some will be along to help soon. Look in the Under Construction forum for lots pool build threads. Here is a link, Under Construction
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Owner builder ?

Thank you. I think this website is going to save me a ton of stress of building this. There is a lot of useful info I have found so far. Would it be better if I posted a picture of my design and start from there? Or just ask ? First

16.5x37 free firm Gunite pool with 14 foot wet deck. Wet edge satin matrix Aqua blue pebble finish. Pentair 2hp variable pump. Pentair 540 cartridge filter. Pentair salt system. Pentair led lights 2 large 1 small. Intellibrite 5g controller. 1200sqft concrete decking.

4. Back To Top    #4

Go ahead and let 'er rip! Design and specs are great.

5. Back To Top    #5

Start a thread in "under construction". I can't wait!

We have you covered. There are several that have done pools in your area. I hope they will find you and help out!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Started the new tread thank you

16.5x37 free firm Gunite pool with 14 foot wet deck. Wet edge satin matrix Aqua blue pebble finish. Pentair 2hp variable pump. Pentair 540 cartridge filter. Pentair salt system. Pentair led lights 2 large 1 small. Intellibrite 5g controller. 1200sqft concrete decking.

7. Back To Top    #7

Brandwylie, Someone has PM you about your area. He is who I was hoping would get in touch with you!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes have spoken with him on the phone. Gave me a ton of great information and leads

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you